
The weekend went too quickly. Nanny and Augi are starting to get closer. Only when Augi has a treat for Nanny, though. Chris is busy working on the sprinklers. He says most people hire someone to put in sprinklers. But, he is a perfectionist, so he will do it himself. I guess I should say he spent 1/2 the weekend working and the other 1/2 waiting for the rain to stop. Today was beautiful. I am miserable when the temp gets above 80, so this weather is perfect. We planted more flowers. Our beloved Becky brought us over some Moon Beam Coriopsus. I am learning so much about flowers. We have this big, random garden. I don't think it is going to win any awards, but I love to see what grows. Augi likes to pull the daisies apart.
Well, Augi throws tantrums now. She flings herself backward and cries if we tell her no or take away a forbidden item. I guess I never realized tantrums started quite this early. She has two more days of daycare and I have 4 more days of work before we summer vacation starts. With the exception of a few teaching jobs I have lined up, we will be together for 10 weeks straight! I am grateful for our trip to Austria--the Brandl children will be wonderful entertainers for Augi. I am going back on my own "no t.v." rule and I will purchase one of those little portable DVD players for the flight to Europe. A few hours won't permanently damage her brain. At least I hope not.
1 comment:
Hi to my friends Jessi, Augi, Nanny and Chris. As always, the new pictures are darling. Talk to you soon, Kris
Post a Comment