I had the sweetest little conversation with Augi tonight. I need to write it down, so I don't forget. I was rocking her to sleep; we had been sitting in the dark for nearly an hour. She had already asked for water, her daddy, cookies, and she told me her very dry diaper was poopy, and when I didn't believe her, she changed it to pee-pee (just a little white lie, right?) Our conversation went like this:
Augi: Papa!!
Me: You love your Papa.
Augi: Ya. Bunnies!
Me: Your Papa has cute little bunnies.
Augi: Ya. Puuuuuppppy!
Me: Yes, your Papa got a new puppy.
Augi: Niiiice.
Me: Yes, that puppy is very nice.
Augi: Nose.
Me: Yes, the puppy has a cute little nose.
Augi: Nanny!
Me: Yes, Nanny will get to play with the puppy tomorrow.
Augi: Toy!
Me: That puppy has its own toy
Augi: Animal.
Me: Yes, it is a stuffed animal.
Augi: Wanda. (sad little voice.)
Me: Do you miss your aunt Wanda?
Augi: Ya. And Bonnie.
Then, she fell asleep.
1 comment:
so very sweet
Post a Comment