Monday, March 10, 2008

Party time!

Augi insisted that we have a party. She kept looking at her dad with this cheesey smile as she said, "Smile, dad!" through gritted teeth. This is her smile she inherited from her aunt Tabi. We had party hats, snacks, and decorations. It was great.

Augi has been getting ready for this big move. She hates change, so I wasn't sure we would ever convince her it is a better room. She agreed to move into the bigger bedroom (with purple carpet) as long as we painted the wall purple. She didn't expect her daddy to make a jungle grow on the walls. She was so excited today because we moved all her "stuff" in. I had my pillows on the bed and she told me to get them off because they don't match. I told her that if my pillows were kicked out, I won't sleep with her. She said, "I just sleep on my own, mom!" Duh. Moms are so lame sometimes. She will sleep there tonight! Now the smaller room is available for the baby brother.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

jen said...

What a fun paint job! You're so creative! I also love the party hat on Chris. It's a good look on him.

Heather said...

Awww looks like a great time. So happy for all of you!!

-h

abbie said...

i love the purple jungle room! how appropriate for wild thing augi! ;)

you know, my bedroom at my parents' used to be purple. until they demolished it and made a giant bathroom, that is.

bastards. >_<

abbie said...

p.s. did she sleep alone that night? and since then?

how exciting!