Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Augi Wisdom

I always say I will write these things down, but I rarely do.
This morning I woke Augi and said, "Good morning!" Here is how Augi replied:
"That's the problem, mom. Some bees make honey and some don't make honey, they just bite. That's the problem." Really, I am sure the bees were a metaphor for being useful and productive members of society vs. being lazy and harmful. My 2 year old is deep. I guess that comes from her daddy. I am pretty much just distracted by shiny things most of the time.
Yesterday we were at the playground. I apologized to Augi because I always have to say, "I can't" when she wants me to hold her or run or play rough. I told her that after the baby comes, I will be able to do those things again. She said, "And, you will have a lap!" Apparently she has noticed the shrinking lap and growing belly.
For those of you who haven't seen it, check out www.yeswecansong.com
It made me teary. Maybe it's the hormones, but I thought it was really good.
We are thinking of names. I thought we had settled on John Emmett. Now it seems too boring. Chris likes Asher. I like Moises. But, what order do we put them in? I hate choosing a name.

1 comment:

sarah baldwin said...

jessi... i love that augi wisdom. shiny things or not, i think you're smart!! you are too funny. s.