Thursday, June 12, 2008

Potty Time



Hooray for Augi!!! She has been wanting her own copy of Mary Poppins for months, so we used it as an incentive for using the potty. She reached her goal--24 uses of the potty--just a few minutes ago and she is enjoying her movie now. It was torture for her. We came home from shopping and she used the potty. She realized she needed just one more sticker to get the movie. So, she sat on the potty and refused to get off until she could go again. She cried and kept requesting water until she was able to make a few drops. I wanted to give in and give her the movie, but her daddy wanted her to reach her goal. She did it!

I am a little worried that she thinks she can go back to diapers now. We know she can do it now, though, so we have higher expectations. I am going to try to avoid buying any more diapers. When I talked to her about this, she said, "I know mom! I am potty trained now!"

So, the little chunker k-ni-ght has passed 11 lbs. He finally noticed us a few days ago. He looks at me now as if to say, "Oh, hi, you are the lady who feeds me. Please hold me." Augi gave her first smile to Chris, so I am determined to get the first smile out of Emmett. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seem to recall getting Augi's first laugh as well with the phrase "That's crazy talk Momma!"

- Augi's Daddy

abbie said...

good job augi!!! :D

i like the look that emmett gives you. or what you interpret it to mean, anyway...:)