I have enjoyed my time with the kids, but I am ready to go back to work. I have said this a million times and I will say it again...I really wish I could work 20 hours a week. It seems like the perfect amount of time for mommy time and professional time. I just need to find that big pot of money or a job that pays super well AND gives me insurance.
The kids have missed Sarah and the gang. Augi couldn't contain her excitement tonight. She was running around completely excited, packing her bag for tomorrow. Emmett will have fun too. I have been holding him for 2 weeks straight. He is so big, but so cuddly. With all of my holding, he isn't making much progress on the crawling. More importantly, he has started giving me kisses now and he thinks it is great fun to put his binki in my mouth. He laughs hysterically. As for milestones for Augi, she took her first shower on her own tonight. It is weird to feel sentimental over something as silly as a shower. But there she was, taking care of herself and I could just see her being 16 and hogging the bathroom. She told me "Mommy, I prefer showers from now on." I told her she is getting so big. Then, she reminded me that she doesn't want to get old. This is a common worry for Augi. We tell her to eat healthy and get lots of exercise and play time and she will always feel young, so she doesn't need to worry. But, then, she worries that she isn't getting enough exercise. She told me tonight, "Mommy, don't bring a stroller anymore. I need to walk and exercise. You can just carry Emmett."
We spent the last night of 2008 at Chelsie and Rocky's place. I always feel like I am going to a foreign country when I am allowed on the military base, so it was extra fun. They had a ton of cute Christmas decorations and Augi was thrilled to play at Kaedyn and Caisy's pad.
Emmett was entertained by the jumperoo.
How can one express oneself with clothes on?
Let me introduce you to Ava. Isn't she cute? She arrived on Christmas, but there was some dispute about whether or not she would stay. I have a weird obsession with vacuums. Yes, nudity and vacuums. Anyway, this is my self-operating vacuum. I am in love. I just hit "clean" and she goes from room to room vacuuming the floor. She gets the corners and under the beds. Then, when her battery is low, she returns herself to her charging dock. Augi named her. We have spent way too much time watching her move around. It is really great entertainment.
I have been threatening to add video for a while, so here it is...We finished grocery shopping at Target this afternoon. I wanted to sit in back and nurse Emmett so he would have a full tummy before he fell asleep. Augi likes to "drive" while I do that. Well, it didn't go as planned. Augi was a noisy, crazy driver and Emmett was squealing with delight as he stood up in his car seat.
Goof balls.
4 comments:
love the video! you have absolutely adorable children!!
i love to read your writing... it is so entertaining and i can hear you saying it. it makes me laugh. i am in love with emmetts new front teeth. and just so you know, i did not receive any kisses from emmett today... for today that is. i can't wait to get one though. miss augi was a joy. we are ALL glad to be back on schedule.
Sorry to hear about your head aches. Hope you feel better soon. Good luck going back to work, just dont forget us on blogger world.
-h
Matisse was looking at the speaker turning her head from side to side while the video was playing, she is so cute! Oh and so was the video.
Post a Comment