Milestones of the week:
- Augi attended her first MusikGarten camp. She was in class for 2.5 hours for 4 days. She did great! It was sort of a preview of how preschool is going to be, and I think she is going to do just fine.
- There was a trauma at camp, though. Augi got stuck in the bathroom alone because the door was too heavy for her to open. I am not sure how long she was in there, but she managed to get out after getting completely scared. She couldn't even talk about it without sobbing. Poor kid. She dealt with it pretty well, though.
- Emmett (who is still awake BTW), said BUBBLES today!
- Chris finally got a haircut. His freakin' barber lives next door and he still looks like a hippy most of the time.
- I just about quit my job this week. Hopefully this will pass and I will be better off in the end.
- Michael Jackson died! OMG. Actually, I was never a huge MJ fan, but it is still very very weird.
Here is a sample of art from MusikKamp. I love MusikGarten. It is Montessori based so it is all about learning through movement and experience. They don't do recitals, instead they have Family Musik nights where the parents and relatives participate in singing. Augi was really into it for the first time this last family musik night. She has been in MusikGarten with Miss Amy since just after she turned one. She wasn't even walking when we started! Em gets to start this fall. He is going to love it!
This Friday Caisy had a sleepover at our place. We went down to the fire station where an old friend of mine works and he let the kids climb on the fire trucks. It was great fun for them.
After the fire station, we went for the yummiest ice cream ever at the Red Mango. Mmmm.
On Saturday we watched a little parade and played at Munch's pad. I hope they post some better pics, because this is all I got. Emmett was great at getting the candy. He would stash it in Meme's purse each time he got a handful.
Today I got adventurous and decided to let Em paint. He used his fingers and his tummy more than the brushes. He seems to have a little Jackson Pollock in him...
2 comments:
Im so glad she did so good in camp. There was a 3 day one here and i chickened out but Thais isnt going to pre school till next yr.
I want to hear more about you quitting your job, wow! Cant wait to see what comes next.
Still in shock, Emmett is a little boy now, walking and talking, it went quick!
-h
Love-love-love the pic of Em in a speedo covered in paint!! Yummy!!
Post a Comment