Sunday, October 18, 2009

Slacker

I thought I had better get a post on here before Halloween arrives. Too many projects, too little time!
What is happening around here? Nothing much--just considering a move across the freakin' pond!
I am planning a ginormous yard sale. Do people have yard sales in the cold weather? Hmmm. Something to think about!
So, here are the latest pictures and happenings...
Last weekend we went for a little walk on the mountain to collect fall leaves. I whipped up a little adventure bag for Em and he was delighted, to say the least. I put a tape measure in it and he was running around measuring everything.


I am trying to introduce Augi to "hiking" very slowly. She is definitely my child. She complains the entire time--and we only walk around the parking lot. Then, afterwards, she tells me how much she loved going. Silly girl.

Em, on the other hand, is an outdoorsy kind of guy. He could stay out all day and night and never make a complaint.

We spotted a black panther. This little guy followed us around the entire time. He seemed to be quite enamoured with Nanny. The feelings were not mutual.


So, the next day we went to the zoo with our good friend Kris. She is going to be a grandma soon! She and Don will be the greatest grandparents ever. I have another Chris friend and when I talk about one of them, Augi says, "The one with kids, or the one with Don?" The kids loved showing off for her.

One of Augi's shots.






 This week was the open house at our local fire station. Our friend Chon invited us out. We would have felt more special if it weren't for the giant billboards inviting everyone else for a month before the event. Anyway, it was crowded. We did get to ride a fire truck, crawl under smoke and out a window, watch a helicopter take off, and watch a room burn to the ground. Em is still very concerned about the fire. He was saying "fire" tonight and looking very worried. This is the only picture we have from the event because we couldn't put the kids down to take any pics. Darn.


Today we made a Jack-o-Lantern. It was my first. I am quite proud of the creation. Augi was willing to dig right in, although she doesn't look so excited in this picture. Em was not interested. He said, "Ew. No." Em had an accident today. He tripped or fell down the back stairs--not sure which. He has a huge goose-egg on his forehead. Poor guy.



So, life goes on as usual around here. I start my new job with the district November 2. I am not ready to make the big announcement about England yet, but it is looking more and more likely every day. I got cold feet last week, but I am over that now. If Chris can do it, I most certainly can.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Its starting to look a lot like fall!
-h

sarah baldwin said...

yes you can have a yard sale in the fall... but not in cold weather. looks like you guys had a good weekend! libby is calling augi on her cell phone. it's weird not having them on mondays. it'll be even weirder when i dont' have them at all... aaahhhh. ok. i'm not goign there. i'm not even going there until you are on the plane. so. so what i'm in denial. it's the story of my life right now. i'm sure glad you still love me! xoxo sarah & kids p.s. i hope you roasted your seeds! that's the only reason to cut open a pumpkin... in my book!