Sunday, April 25, 2010

Crooked Little Village

Saturday we went to the little crooked village of Lavenham. If you are a Harry Potter fan, you will see it in the next film. It is a really cool little place. It is hard to describe how crooked all the buildings are, and it is hard to capture them in photos. This is the best picture we have:
The kids had a blast that day. Not because of the village, but because we actually had some friends to meet there! Chris and Emmett are part of a playgroup and one of the other stay at home dads met us there with his family. They are a very nice bunch. Augi and Ava are just a few weeks apart in age and they became fast friends.

Em and Finn are about 6 months apart, and at this age that difference is still a lot. I was impressed with how pleasant Finn was despite missing a nap. They are dressed up in period clothing in this shot. Not a great shot of either of them, I just wanted to prove that they were really there.
I have been meaning to take some photos of all of the fun signs I see around England. I might make it a project later, but for now I am just pleased to get this sign:

It is fuzzy, we were going too fast (haha). I just think it is so dramatic. We'll slow down, geez!

Emmett is talking up a storm. He spent all day today pretend-playing. It is fun to watch him grow, but it makes me sad too. He walks up to me yesterday and says, "Hi witch. I Emmett. I knight. What doing witch?" I was supposed to be the scary witch who catches the knight--just in case you couldn't interpret that. Another week starts tomorrow. Another adventure.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Ok now answer why the town is crooked? Glad you have made friends and please post signs. They are one of my fav things to laugh at on the road too. My 2 fav were a big scary guy blowing a big wind to show"windy area" and driving back from Atlantic City there are 3 signs that say "Stay Awake". Love it!
-h

Munchy's Mama said...

Yeah so it's crooked on purpose? Or did the developer spend too much time in the local pub??

Yes, would love to see more signs...very dramatic!

sarah baldwin said...

i love it... hi witch! i might just take up calling you that. oh my em. i miss that squeaky boy. so when we come will you take us to that crazy crooked town? i'm not sure we're going to get everything in i want to see... especially the military base (hopefully i can be there at 4:30 and watch all the weirdo's stop and salute the flag). thanks for the updates. we're thinking of you. tell your hubby to call me so he can fix my microphone again. LAME!!

Jessi Lynn said...

Heather--the houses are all 500 years old and apparently they just couldn't see straight back in the day! I am more amazed that they are still standing. I love the windy area sign!
Sarah--yes we are going there when you get here. Just get here.