Anyway, Augi just completed her first week of Year One. She has two teachers and she is very pleased with both of them. She is grumpy in the afternoons, but I have to remind myself that she is still so little and this is very stressful for her.
Em has been a bit of a bear lately. He likes to misbehave and he giggles in time out. He is getting his back molars, so I am going to allow him to use that excuse for a while.
Here are some of my favorite Augi and Em-isms of late:
Em
Oh boy. Emmett. What do I say about him? When I leave in the morning he says, "Kiss!" then, "hug." And if I forget or don't hear him? He collapses on the floor into a sobbing mess. Luckily, he recovers quickly as soon as the hug and kiss are delivered. Yet, this sweet little boy can be a rotten little turkey. I watch him from across the room. He stares at Augi while she plays peacefully on the other side. Then, out of nowhere, he runs up to her and either grabs something from her or he repetitively hits her in the head. She screams, he giggles and runs away. Scream=success.
- He has already stopped saying, "I can't like it!" and now, more appropriately but less cutely says, "I don't like that."
- He rarely says, "Read books! Read books!" and instead says, "Read me book, Mommy."
- "Play wiff me!!!" is still a common demand.
- He is thrilled now that he has learned to climb up, and down, Augi's loft bed.
- "You count!" Means, let's play hide and seek.
- I think of him as so outgoing. But, around new people, he is really slow to warm up. However, he will talk to anyone who starts up a conversation. Just ask him about knights.
- He says the cutest, "Tank you." in the world.
- He is now scheduled for his second surgery (ear tubes). Despite his good language, he has never passed a hearing test without tubes. To prevent articulation problems later in life, we have decided to go for another set. Luckily, our friend is an anesthesiologist and she will be in surgery with him. Even though it will only be a brief second, it is still comforting to know a friend will be in there.
When I look at her I get glimpses of her as a teenager. I just want to wrap her up and snuggle her forever. She is sweet with Emmett more and more often these days. Occasionally she even lets him play in her room. She craves my attention and I sometimes feel terrible that I am not always available for her. I know there will come a day when she doesn't want a hug and she would rather hang out with friends. I need to cherish this time.
- The other day we were looking at a picture of that kooky couple who have 19 children. We were talking about how hard life would be with that many people in one house. She said, "Well, that man is just wasting his sperm!" Our conversation didn't go much further. I just decided to let that one go, although I did wonder--what does she think would be a better use of his sperm? Hmm.
- When I talked to Augi about Uncle Ken passing away this last week, I told her that Grandma Meme and Daddy are both feeling very sad. She immediately ran in and drew a beautiful picture of Uncle Ken for her Daddy. So thoughtful. Her sensitivity is what makes her wonderful and terrible at the same time.
- Chris and I were having an argument recently. Augi whispered to me..."Mommy, maybe you should just try ignoring daddy or take a time away." Smart girl. She really does listen.
- What is Augi going to be when she grows up? Well, she wants to take care of animals, therefore she will be a vegetanarian. No, I didn't spell that wrong. That is what she said. She also told me she is going to be "way too busy for kids." So, she is choosing not to have children. However, later, I told her I will be sad when she grows up and never comes to visit because she will be so busy. She said, "OK. Don't be sad. I'll have kids and you can watch them, then you'll see me when I pick them up."
- My heart breaks for how intense this little girl is. I just want her to be happy and not worry. She worries about fire, snakes, spiders, moving, dieing, car crashes, getting ill, and on and on. She carries the weight of the world on her tiny little shoulders.
- Ballet starts Tuesday. Official classic ballet. Very serious. I see her as more of a free spirited interpretive dance kind of girl. But, we thought we would start with this and see how it goes. She is thrilled. Mostly I think she is excited about the outfit.
Oh, and some news...for those of you considering a trip to visit...we have found a bigger house! If all goes well, we will move November 1. We will actually have a spare bedroom! We are hoping Celeste will be here in November, Grandma Valerie will be here over Christmas, Tammy and Bruce will come in the Spring, and Sarah and the kids will be here next fall. It is in writing now, everyone, so you are bound to come visit.

4 comments:
These are my fav posts, thank you for sharing!
-h
oh what... fall? did we get bumped? we're good for whenever!! thanks for the post. it's so fun to see how the kids are growing, even though it only makes me miss you all the more. :) sarah.
Emmett is growing up so fast and I can't wait to see Augi in her ballet outfit!
ahhhhhh. I needed that. Thanks Jess, you do such a good job!
Post a Comment