Monday, February 14, 2011

Hop, Skip, and a Jump

Do you know what a Hoppy Taw is? Well, I was recently teaching Augi to play hopscotch. We were using rocks and I told her we needed to find a Hoppy Taw. I looked them up online and they were a bit tricky to find. I mentioned it to some girls at work and none of them had a clue what I was talking about. They teased me and told me that a Hoppy Taw is a Utah thing and they suggested it is a play on words "Hop Utah" = Hoppy Taw. I was skeptical. I found one on Amazon and ordered it.
Well, I got it today. It came from a toy store in...Salt Lake. Guess where it was made? Murray, Utah. Hmm. Who would have guessed that Utahns invented the Hoppy Taw? Well, I am giving a little piece of my Utahness to Augi. She has her own Hoppy Taw.
And...we will soon make the Hop Skip and Jump to the land of Hoppy Taws. See you then!

2 comments:

sarah baldwin said...

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

did you hear that? that's my excitment about your hop skip and a jump!!

Heather said...

Never heard of that in my life, lol! Guess its obvious Im not from Utah.
-h