Today was a beautiful day here in England. Augi loves any holiday so she reminded me all day that she wanted to spend the day with me. We did! The kids and I went on a little walk to the playground, then we went into town.
Here are the flowers. Poppies are my favorite, and they weren't fairing so well. They were pretty, though.So, it was a good mother's day. I love being a mother to my children.
I am sad, though. I spoke to my mom on the phone today. She is in the hospital again. She is having trouble with her memory and thinking through things, so they are going to do a scan of her brain to see if the cancer has spread there. She is scared. This will likely be her last mother's day. It will be the last mother's day that I have a mother. I wonder if it is selfish of me that I hope she is alert when I call. When she is alert, she is scared and in pain. But, I just never know when it is going to be the last time I talk to her. I keep wondering if I have said everything I need to say. Every time the phone rings I panic for a second and try to prep myself for the call I know is coming.
Well, Happy Mother's Day, Mom. I wish I could take away the cancer and the pain for you.



2 comments:
happy mothers day to you jessi!! you are a wonderful mother and such a great example to me. thank you. i wish i could take away the pain of your moms cancer from you... and from her. i'm sending you a big short squeeze and a flabby shoulder to cry on. i'm always thinking of you. xoxo s.
I wish you a happy mothers day!! It brings me to tears to think of your mom in pain and my heart sinks when ever the phone rings too. Love you and thinking of you all!
Post a Comment