Monday, June 18, 2012

June is getting away

Facebook has cramped my blogging style. I feel like everyone sees our pics on FB and then they don't care to read my blog! I want people to be anxiously awaiting our life story on the blog scene. Boo.
Speaking of Facebook, FB is how I have recently connected with my father...Facebook plays a key role in this story. However, you won't hear the story on Facebook, so there!
Several months ago I was thinking about my mom and my childhood. I thought about stories she told me about my father. I remembered she told me he would go by his birth name rather than his adopted name. Well, I looked him up (googled) by his birth name. I found him listed and I saw that he had a wife and a daughter. I looked all of them up on FB, but didn't find them. I didn't take it any further except in my imagination. Zoom forward to a few weeks ago...I clicked on the FB page of my older 1/2 sister, Angie, and noticed a post from who I suspected was my younger 1/2 sister, Indi. Aaagg. I had looked her up as Indica, not Indi! Several emails later, I reconnected with her. I was completely nervous to talk to my dad. However, we Skyped with him yesterday and it was really great. Augi was thrilled to meet him. Emmett was a bit uninterested, but that is typical for him! 
I am going to sound super duper old for a minute. All this technology is amazing. Maybe I would have found them earlier had the technology been there...who knows. So, that is the biggie story of the month. Try getting that on FB.
As for other news...
-  Tammy and Bruce visited us towards the end of May. They were perfect guests. They were a bit too independent, though, so we didn't get to be complete tour guides. Well, they will have to come back because we missed a few sites.
-  Augi is just finishing up Year 2. I am so proud of my little peanut. She has come so far this year. She reads and she is learning the violin. She still loves art and science. I can't believe she will be 7 next month. We watched her in a swimming match on Friday. Poor kid had to swim in a freezing cold outdoor pool. Who has an outdoor pool in England?! Stupid.
-  Em had a rough time the last few weeks. He has realized that staying home is waaayyyyyy more fun than school. Actually, there were a lot of changes after spring break and they were harder on him than we thought. So, he fought going to school each day for a few weeks. Well, he is back in the game, loving school. I am relieved. On Friday I got the rare opportunity to pick him up from school. When  I arrived I learned that Emmett was married to Kate at school that day. This was no playground game. The entire class planned the wedding, made invitations and a cake, invited the nursery toddlers, assigned bride's maids and groom's men, and went through all of the ceremony. There was even a kiss! Geez, no wonder he is lovin' school now. It's the only time he gets to see his wife!
-  Chris is gearing up for summer break. We are going to have to structure it...I'll work on that.
-  I am overwhelmed at work. Job security, right? I don't know. We are still in limbo. As far as our current status goes, we can stay in this country until 30 September. Yep, just over 3 months. I will feel way more secure once I have a signed contract. 
That's it for now...I will work on pictures over the next few days. I promise. 

5 comments:

Tammy said...

We had a great time and can't wait to return! And boy would Colton love to Tori will be at the Royal Albert Hall in Oct for 2 concerts and I'm sure he would love to see you guys. I check your blog almost daily I wish you updated
more!

sarah baldwin said...

i'd like you to know that i wait for updates on your blog... on pins and needles. i pretty much check it every day. maybe sometimes even two. what? i'm the only one in the world NOT on facebook? well, i do like to be different. love all the updates!! xoxo s.

sarah baldwin said...

tammy... glad to see i'm not the only one who checks the blog daily. see jessi... theres at least two of us who love your blog :)

Heather said...

2 sisters? wow what a journey. Your mom sure is getting a kick out of this isnt she!?

ps- Thais sent Auggie her first penpal letter today.Nothing special, but she would rather write and draw to cousin then write in her summer journal so im allowing it.

cjeffery said...

Jessi.. I love your blog and you sharing all of your adventures with us.. This is the only way I get to travel around Europe.. :)
You have a darling family and are an incredible mother and wife.. Miss ya, but am grateful to you for sharing a part of your life with me :)
Love
Candi