- We drove 90 minutes each way last week to put a deposit on a dog and the creeps sold it before we arrived. Major disappointment at the time, but it all worked out in the end. (see below!!)
- My current company did not receive the contract for my job. I will have to reapply with the new company and possibly not like their offer...we are applying for a 2 month extension because our visas expire soon. (actually, today...). Then, we will apply for another extension if the bureaucrats can't get their poop in a group and get the real contract settled. Extension applications mean we can not make any travel plans.
- Emmett has been super grumpy towards me. I am a child psychologist. I know it is important for him to identify with his daddy right now. I know it is common for little boys to push their mommies away at this age. But, he is supposed to be my little snuggly bug and it makes me sad to watch him grow up.
- I have had an awesome office mate and she had a last day last week. Boo.
- Related to the above, I am about to get incredibly busy and overworked. Starting tomorrow. Our team of 4 mental health therapists is dropping to 1. That's just me.
- So. I have ADHD. I don't really hide it. You can look at any one of my report cards from childhood and they all say the same thing: Smart girl. Talks too much. I get REALLY distracted. Especially in meetings when there are too many people who have too much to say. So, I start wiggling in my seat. Then I talk out of turn. I say things I should keep in my head. Then I get in trouble. Even now. My boss might have told me I need to be quiet at meetings. I HATE to be shushed. Ug.
- I went around a round-about yesterday, hit some protruding piece of ancient rock wall, and ripped a hole in my tire.
I will try to start tomorrow off on a better note. I will try to get some good sleep and wake refreshed. It would be wonderful if I could pull my behind out of bed early and get some yoga done before work. No use setting myself up...
Here I go, trying to focus on the positive.
- Meme comes for her annual visit in three weeks! Yay!
- I now have an office all to myself at work. I am going to get soooooo much work done.
- I am 2/3 of the way to my weight-loss goal. Woowoo!
- Augi has committed to Judo and really likes it. It is great fun to watch her try to take down other kids! I wouldn't mind giving it a go myself!
- Emmett has slept in his own bed for two nights.
- There is a potential that the new company who won our contract will be better!
- I have not had a real headache since I began accupuncture 5 weeks ago. I can't tell you what a relief this is. I normally have one migraine each month and at least 1-2 painful headaches each week. On that note, I have felt really great lately. 99% of my numbness and tingling is gone. I am coordinated again and full of energy.
- We are getting the cutest puppy ever in November. After our disappointment, we came home and called a serious breeder with a new litter. They had a female and she will be ours!! She is a staffordshire terrier. You can see her family at www.dardanians.com . We have a list of names, to include Kitty, Phiz, Beatrix, Izzy, EGGSHELL, and Rosie. We are all currently leaning towards Phiz. More to come on that...
No comments:
Post a Comment