The day we put Nanny down I gathered up all of her belongings and took them to the pet store donation center. We would not get another dog for a loooooong time. Apparently 5 months is loooooong. I had a few breeds in mind. I excluded schnauzers because it was just too painful. But, I like greyhounds and whippets. I loooove Boston terriers. The only dog I could get even a glimmer of interest from Christian was a Staffy. I started reading all about them and stalking the local breeders. I found one for the right price and we all drove to London to put money on it. When we got there they had sold it out from under us. I was soooo disappointed. Some people say things happen for a reason. Well, it was a good thing we didn't get that dog. We ended up with a superstar! Phiz comes from very good lines. Her breeder was fabulous and is even featured in a Kennel Club video about the breed!
She isn't Nanny. She eats anything. She now weighs more than Nanny ever weighed. She isn't a lap dog. She likes to be outside. Even when it's cold. She sleeps in a crate.
However, I am starting to get attached to her. Chris is already there. Augi loves her. Em and I are just warming up but we will get there.
Where does the name come from, you ask? Well, it evolved, really. But, we didn't just make it up.
2 comments:
Cute.
Cute.
Post a Comment