Saturday, October 25, 2014

What’s Up at Villa Villekulla

I realized last night that it has been over 2 months since my last post. Well, here is my excuse. I have been very busy, possibly even obsessed, with projects around Villa Villekulla.

Doesn’t it look great?

Haha. Not there yet, but I am working on it!

We sold most of our belongings in 2010, and didn’t ship much furniture back from England. So, I have been collecting, refinishing, cleaning, and updating. I am a TAD obsessed with vintage midcentury modern furniture and décor. I love everything from the 50s-70s. I have even developed a fondness for our little 70’s split-entry house.

Here is my 50’s walnet BP John dining table. Missing the leaf, but we don’t need it anyway. I love this table. 

140819_0004

This was the absolute biggest project I have done. I pulled off carpet, removed 9000 staples, Chris repaired, and I painted these stairs. I am super pleased with the results. I. Hate. Carpet. Especially forest green carpet.

20140813_163253140913_0001 - Copy

 

I am technically banned from putting stickers on the walls, but I think the results of this stickering turned out quite nice. Hmpf.

140913_0002 

Not sure how this pic got in here, but hi little Dexter. I would snatch this dog up if I didn’t think I would be the number one suspect.

140923_0002

Tammy gave me this fun 50’s lawn chair. Eeeek! I painted it mustard. No pic right now. It is TDF. It brings back memories of my childhood. I am pretty sure my Grandpa had one in his office.

141012_0001

I had great plans for this farmer’s hutch from the 30’s, thanks to my fab neighbors. However, I cleaned it up, oiled it, and decided it didn’t need anything else.

20140812_185553

I have done absolutely nothing on this project, but can’t thank Chris and my dad enough for their work. I plan to open up my home practice in January.

 

DSCN0002DSCN0003

Not sure about this sneaky picture either. The recycling company left this on our doorstep. If we weren’t interested, we were to leave it on the doorstep with a giant red “reject” sign. Good grief.

DSCN0032 - Copy

These are just a few of my projects. Then, Chris has a whole other list! My goal is to feel settled by April 2015. Nearly there!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I love that table and can't wait to see the yellow chair.