Sunday, September 20, 2015

Procrastination

Hello there, from your

Queen of Procrastination.

I have so much work to do. So many reports to write. So much reading to do. Documents to send. Oh yeah, there is also that list of home projects. Well. I procrastinate. It is who I am. Let’s call me

spontaneous

instead.

Let me give you some tips. A list. Things to do when you are avoiding work.

1. Make fun German Back to School Cones for your children (our tradition). Even though you aren’t German. And don’t take a picture of it. Just have it lying on the table behind your cute children in the picture.

On that note…School has started. How has 2nd and 5th grade been, after 4 (ish) weeks?

What is with all of the homework?!

DSCN1648

2. Give your child your camera and encourage him to set up little toy displays all over the house. i.e. teach your child the art of procrastination. I mean spontaneity.

Space-Guy. By Emmett.

DSCN1656

3. Extreme Doggy Sports. We call this game “Rat-Rat”.

Setup:

  1. Tie a toy rat/mouse from Ikea to the end of a strong on a pole. (I buy them in bulk)
  2. Set up plenty of obstacles.
  3. Find two terriers. (Any type will do, but Staffies and Buggies are particularly fun).
  4. Begin taunting.

Rules: None.

DSCN1679DSCN1683DSCN1686

A close up of Tiki in the above shot is necessary for full effect:

DSCN1686

It isn’t just the angle. He is really that weird.

Phiz caught it!!!!

DSCN1698

The Pups LOVE this game. I have to hide the Rat Stick when finished. DSCN1714

Where was I?

Oh ya, my favorite spontaneity activities.

4. Support your local sports teams. Summer baseball will do. Who cares who they are playing, they give away those foamy giant pointy fingers.

DSCN1660DSCN1662DSCN1665DSCN1666

5. Try a new craft.

I know! Lets make one of those really neat-o string ornament lantern things that I see everywhere on Pinterest. I hear they are super easy! Just like this:

Image result for string ball balloon craft

Oh. Is this what we call a “Fail”?

DSCN1670

I freakin hate Pinterest.

and the best activity of all:

6. Write a blog post!!  Hee hee.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am a pinterest failure expert!