Sunday, November 22, 2015

Moab: The Sequel

I told you the kids were itching to return to Moab. Three weeks later we went again! “Cause I’m just so easy going like that.
This time we had cousins to show around and play with…it made it EVEN BETTER.
Chris decided to stay back at Villa Villekulla to work and watch the pups. This meant that I was going to have to drive off road on my own. Ug. I was really nervous. BIL Josh led the way, though, and I just closed my eyes and hit the gas. Heehee. Not really. But, in the truck, it was really really fun.
We were late getting on the road…and eager to make it before dark. Unfortunately, we didn’t make it. On the way up the mountain, I followed this:
following
But, on the way  down, this is literally all I could see:
Snapshot 2 (11-22-2015 6-34 PM)
I knew what was out there, and I think it was best that I couldn’t actually see it. Just follow the pretty red lights.
DSCN1893_Fotor_Collage
Remember Kobe the guard tortoise? Well, we are no longer on speaking terms. Here is the story…
Tom: Kobe is in the laundry room. If he bangs on the door, you can let him out. But, you have to watch him.
Me: Right. Kobe. Laundry. Let him out. Got it.
Knock knock knock.
Me: Okay, open the door. Out goes giant tortoise.
Augi and Evie: Let’s follow the tortoise!
Augi: Mom, Kobe has gone really far.
Me: Don’t worry. He’s fine.
Augi: Now he is really really far.
Me: OK! Don’t worry about it. He’s a freakin tortoise. How far can he get.
Tom returns.
Tom: Where is Kobe?
Me: I don’t know. He went walking. Are you sure you said, “watch him”? Like, actually stay with him? Whoa. THAT I didn’t get.
Good grief. Tom had to go tracking him. Augi was in tears. I was envisioning the dumb reptile upside down at the bottom of a cliff. MILES away, he was found. I will not tortoise-sit ever again.

I will go back to BaseCamp, though! It is fun fun fun!!!!

No comments: