I used this template to make my own poem several years ago. It was fun to have the kids try it...to get their perspective on who they are.
WHERE I'M FROM
By Augi
I am from Minecraft, Instagram,
and Pinterest. I am from the mountains, waterfalls, and Adam’s Canyon.
I am from a big old homey house.
I am from the yummy spaghetti and artichokes.
I am from opening a present on Christmas Eve, first day of school “cones”, Singletons, Grandpa Augustine and Grandma Valerie.
I am from the funny, nice, and weird.
From Freak! and Okay!
I am from swimming, fishing, biking, and hiking.
I'm from Portuguese, English and Sioux.
From the stories about my cousin rhyming bug and carpet, a drunk guy in a cemetery, and pronouncing cookie “tootie”.
I am from memories of moving to and from England, Peppi’s feathers, and my special things box.
WHERE I'M FROM
By Em
I
am from Weebie, from Moshi Monsters and Trash Packs.
I
am from the small and the big. Cramped and fun.
I
am from the big tree and the three birthday trees, and the hiding hedge.
I’m
from exploring other cultures and the good weird. From Carrot the Bunny and Spotty
the Rat and Tiki the Dog.
I’m
from the family who uses electronics and loves animals.
I am from the excited and the anxious.
From
I love you more than cheese and hey dude.
I’m
from non believers and believers.
I’m
from England and America, artichokes and curry.
From
traveling with friends and made up stories about our pets.
I am from Mommy telling me those stories.
No comments:
Post a Comment