Today we went to the zoo, after dropping Alena off at tennis camp. They claim it is the oldest zoo in the world. It was lots of fun. We saw all the typical zoo animals==they even had a panda. They have a really cute little playground. Augi fell asleep on the way out, so I sat on a bench and held her for over an hour. It was hot out, but we found a cool spot in the shade. I watched the ravens fly around and beg for food. I love to sit and people watch. There are so many weird people in the world. There was this middle-eastern group of people taking pictures. For some reason, only one man was in all of the pictures. He would pose in front of this tree and that flower bush. He wouldn't smile, just look really suave. An old guy sat next to us and chatted for a while. He spoke in German, so I couldn't understand everything. We plan to do a little shopping tomorrow. I haven't seen any great toy stores yet.
Augi is getting more comfortable all the time. She loves to laugh at Alena. I can't leave the room, though, or she starts to cry really loud. It must be scary for her to have all these strange people around. She is even afraid of the dog. She laughs and cries at the same time when the dog comes near. The dog is the same way, though. I think Nanny called to warn her before we arrived.
No comments:
Post a Comment