Thursday, June 26, 2008

Haircuts, dogs, and other stuff

Augi got new bangs cut a week or so ago. I think she looks cute. Kind of Suri Cruise-ish. Or maybe that guy from the movie Dumb and Dumber. Hmmm. In this picture, she is holding up a peanut. I showed her the little fish inside a peanut. If you don't know about the fish, ask me sometime and I will show you. Anyway, she was telling me the fish was so cute and she wants to keep him forever as a pet. Unfortunately for the peanut fish, she lost interest after about 2 minutes and he is lost in the grass.


Augi is very serious about her dog-walking responsibilities. It might be hard for you to see, but she is actually dragging poor Nanny down the sidewalk. Nanny will likely hide the leash sometime soon.


Poor Grandma Batty (Augish). She has a hurt arm. Emmett still likes to be held by grandmas, even with one arm.


Can you guess his favorite sleep position? He is such a chunky monkey. 12 lbs of blubber.

Other news:

I am obsessed with finding the perfect doll for Augi's birthday. Okay, so she seriously has at least 15 dolls. However, I have only purchased 3 of them: Baby Chou, Smart Baby, and Purple Baby. The others were thrift store finds with her dad, or hand-me downs. Anyway, Libby got the cutest little doll for her birthday made by Corolle called Poupette. It is the most darling thing you have ever seen. I need, I mean Augi needs, one of these dolls. As I looked for one on ebay, I discovered another line of dolls by the same company, called "Les Dollies." One had purple hair! How could it be more perfect? They are funky, but they aren't Bratz dolls, which are forbidden in this house. Well, I bid on one and won. So, then I saw one that has been discontinued, called the Doucette, with blond hair and blue eyes. It is so cute. So, I had Chris bid on that one and he won. OK, so I want Augi to want the blonde doll. But, I showed her pics and she likes the purple one because it has "real hands." The Doucette doll is a rag doll with a vinyl head. Now, I am trying to decide if maybe I should just get the Poupette, sell the purple one, and keep the blonde doll. But, the blonde doll would be perfect for Addie. It looks just like her. If you have time to look, check out corolle.com They are the cutest dolls ever. Chris said they are for me. Whatever. So I might keep the blonde doll. Both my grandmothers collected dolls. Maybe I'll start a collection. Yeah right. I can't collect anything.

Anyway, Emmett is almost 7 weeks old. I think my doll shopping obsession is a good indicator that I need to go back to work soon.

My little M&M failed his hearing test again today. He has fluid in both ears, but he is failing his left ear. Hopefully it will clear up soon. Maybe it is best he doesn't hear at full volume. His sister can be REALLY loud.

Chris gets to go out of town for two days for work--just local out of town, but he gets to interact with the public just the same. Keep your fingers crossed that his software will be flying off the shelves soon.

Augi has maintained her potty training, even at night. Big girl. I can't believe it.



4 comments:

jen said...

I'm with you, I won't have the Bratz stuff in my house either. I really just can't get into the doll thing. My girls each have an American Girl doll but only because Seth's mom bought them.

Your chunky monkey is such a cutie!

abbie said...

these photos are so cute!

tell augi that i know a song about a little peanut, where you pretend to hold one in your hand just like that! why don't you tell me about the fish in the peanut and i'll sing the song for you. a peanut trade! :D

i like augi's bangs, but think she is MUCH cuter than suri cruise.

i love the chunky monkey's sleeping position! he's so sweet. i hope his next hearing test goes well, but i don't think it's a biggie if it doesn't.

abbie said...

i will look up the dolls on that website. i am quite good at collecting! ;)

i still owe emmett a present and one for augi too. i haven't forgotten!

Heather said...

Cute Pixs!

-h