Friday, September 12, 2008

Grouchy babies, big sisters, and old mama

Em was so grouchy tonight. Poor guy. His little legs hurt from those shots. He never cries as much as he did tonight. I thought I should clarify torticollis for all of you--it is when your ear on one side of your head really likes that same shoulder. So, his little head is tilted to one side. It doesn't sound that serious, but some kids have it really bad and their heads get all misshapen. Their eyes can even move around and be on the side of their head. Like a halibut. This is rare, but we have to do the stretches to fix it. Augi's went away likety split once I started a good stretching regimen (3 sets of 10 seconds, 10 times/day).
Anyway, I had a patient tonight in my private practice, so daddy was in charge of grouchy baby. He is terrified of our children because of the head spinning Augi used to do when I wasn't there. But, Augi was a perfect helper while I was gone. She even made a shopping list for me and left it on the stairs. Chris and I were having a heated discussion after I got home--you know, the stressed out parent chat-- and Augi said, "Why are you two both using mean words at each other? You should be nice." We really should. My kids have a good daddy and I have a good husband.
So. Old mama. I went to the store tonight and bought some Corona. I have been craving beer like mad, but I don't often drink. Anyway, for the first time in my beer buying life I was not ID'd. Seriously. Even within the last year I have been ID'd buying beer, going into bars, even rated R movies (OK, maybe that is a lie.) Does this mean I finally look 22? Damn.

3 comments:

jen said...

We get the same lecture from our kids about how we should be nicer to each and not fight. It's a bit embarrassing.

I still get id'd too. Hello?!!! I have GRAY hair...check that, I have WHITE hair!

Heather said...

22 and still kicking, lol!

-h

sarah baldwin said...

is it in the air... troy and i got into it and i was screaming obsenities at him in the backyard and when i came in the house huffing and puffing the bishop was at the door. luckily he probably thought it was my white trash neighbor screaming fuck at the top of her lungs... certainly wasn't the nursery leader. nice. xoxo s.