Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Turkey Day! Em has a tooth!

Well, almost. I can feel the little jagged edges and he is biting like crazy trying to work it through. He just barely missed turkey day. He is such an easy going little guy. Other than being a little high-maintenance he has barely fussed.
Caisy had a sleepover at our house. Augi was thrilled. The evening went great--they played like crazy. But, then the night came. Augi woke up around 4:30 am and went out to cuddle with Daddy, who was on the couch as usual. Well, she fell back to sleep immediately and Chris went to find a new spot to sleep. He ran into Caisy, who was standing in the hall. He went to our bed with Em and I went to Augi's room to entertain Caisy. She wasn't interested in going back to sleep. Augi slept for a while, but the whole morning was filled with three (yes, me too) cranky girls fighting over everything!


Augi and Dayton have recently renewed their interest in each other. The 10 month gap seems to be getting less significant over time. Augi has always had a special soft spot for him, though. She used to save some of everything "for Dayton" from the moment she could say his name. Their favorite theme is to be a husband and wife and Augi is pregnant.
Dayton is a great birthing coach.
Thanksgiving morning we three joined Daddy for a 5k. He ran, we walked. It was really cold and rainy, but fun none the less. I met the only other walker--a nice lady from Idaho with her granddaughter. We chatted the entire time. I think we will join him on the next one. I might try to run one if we have the jogger stroller, but then I miss out on meeting fun people.
After the race...happy to be in the warm, dry car.
I finally got a new washing machine--my Christmas present!!!!!! I have wanted a front loader for years and years (Augi's favorite phrase.) Our old top loader finally bit the dust this week. We checked out Consumer Reports and Chris got this scratched and dented beauty for a bargain. I love it. I washed like 10 loads today for fun. I'm sure the fun will wear out soon, but I am really excited about it.
So how is Prince Elfie, you ask? Well, he has been up to no good. He arrived Wednesday. Wednesday night he set up a tea party in the living room.
Thursday night he snuck into Nanny's bed to cuddle with her.
Friday he climbed into Augi's dish drawer and got stuck in her cup.
Saturday he toilet papered Augi's bedroom.
It's funny, Augi likes looking for him in the mornings and she talks about him throughout the day. But, she was not really thrilled that he tp'd her bedroom. She was a little peaved, in fact.
What will he do next? Stay tuned....

3 comments:

Jessi Lynn said...

I can't figure out why my cute new background isn't working. Hmpf.

Heather said...

Awww I cant wait for sleep overs, Too cute! I can do without the boy friends though, lol!
Elfie must be nice to hide behind, its like the college frat boy santa claus.
I want to do 5k's too, just got to work on these knees. GL though!
-h

Munchy's Mama said...

I totally feel for ya with the sleepover...ugh. I'm very unpleasant when my sleep is disrupted. It makes me sleepy just reading about it (o=

Background is way cute!!