Sunday, May 31, 2009

Aaargh! The Weekend!

It was an action-packed weekend at our place. Friday the kids and I went to our friend Chris' house to play in the pool and choose some great hand-me-down's for Augi. I was introduced to the Wii, and I quite liked it! They won theirs at a fair--I don't imagine we will fork over the money for one any time soon, but I am envious of those of you who have one!
Saturday was spent trying to do chores and Em took a 3 hour nap. Meme and Papa came over for dinner. The kids are always so excited when someone comes to our house. I copied Chris and started an upside-down strawberry plant. I didn't order the Topsy-Turvy, as seen on t.v. I just made my own out of an old pot.
Today I worked on the play equipment in the yard--put up the pool and the little jumper thing.
Well, Chris has been working on a sail for our sandbox (a.k.a. pirate ship, Aaargh!). It doubles as a sun shade. That sand gets so freakin' hot by late afternoon. I ordered a Jolly Roger flag tonight. I am going to try to talk Augi into a pirate party for her birthday.
OK now, watch the comments. Some of you might remember this swim suit from when Augi was this age. I had to order it directly from Australia, you know. They are the skin cancer capital of the world and they know sun protection! We weren't in public, and this suit is great for keeping his skin milky. His little round bum is so cute it in anyway!
The weekend of stealing great ideas from friends. I saw Heather do this with her kids, and I am so happy I remembered it this year. We bought some fake flowers for the kids and gave them some pots. Augi went to town planting, picking, and replanting her flower garden. Em mostly just picks!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow what a great backyard! Glad the fake flowers worked out for you, we love ours!
-h