Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Stuff and Things

Yet another trip to the ZOO!
  Augi REALLY REALLY wanted one of these stuffed elephants. She has asked for one the last three times we have been there. So, I suggested she save her money for one. She had diligently and relentlessly earned enough quarters to buy one. Of course, I had to buy Emmett's, so Augi decided that she saved enough to pay for 1/2 of hers and 1/2 of Emmett's. Whatever works! She is a sweet sister.

I don't think we have any pics by the famous water fountain, so I was sure to get at least one...

Augi pulled out her posing skills.



Em was veeeerrrrry interested in this part of the gorilla.
That's what I get for nursing my kids until they can drive.

Em practicing his vampire look.



Good thing we ran outside for some fun in the fall leaves. It freakin' snowed last night and today! Ug. I'm not ready for snow just yet.
So, Augi was begging me for another party. I agreed to let her have a
"Halloween Tea Party" with her BFFs, as long as she promised to plan the entire thing herself. Well, she did it. She was born to be a socialite. Too bad she was born into a poor family! She found a picture of a cupcake-caterpillar in a magazine, so I helped her put it together. She wanted to serve Rum, but we agreed Applejuice was a better choice. The little vampire, princess, bug, witch, and cool guy were as excited as could be. It was a hit, and the preparation for me was minimal. Whew. One party down.

So, we have decided to head to England. I am nervous and excited at the same time. I really don't know what to expect from now. The clinic director told me he would notify the placement company if I am interested. I told him yes, I want to accept the position. They have to complete a security check and credentialing. Then, we will be ready to go. I know it won't happen before January, but we are hoping to be there by February. So much to think about, like where to live and where to send Augi to school. What to pack, what to leave, what to do with our house, when to quit my job...
I am feeling sad about leaving a job I love, but I think the experiences for Augi and Emmett are going to be worth it. Two years will go by before I know it.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

sarah baldwin said...

um... what is that picture at the bottom of this post? weird. i don't think it was what you were thinking it would be. hmm.

Heather said...

Love the zoo pixs and so excited to follow your blog over the next 2 yrs but especially the next 2 months, lol!
-h

Munchy's Mama said...

Ha-ha!! Em groping the gorilla, that's hilarious!