Sunday, November 15, 2009

November is flying by

I can't believe it is mid-November. So much to do, so little time!
Phase one of the move overseas is complete: the Garage Sale. It was a flop, but I got everything out the door and donated. Augi made more money on her hot chocolate stand than I did at the sale. Oh well. It was freezing and the goal was to slim down our junk.

What is the next phase you ask?
Clearing out our family room so Celeste can move her stuff in down there. One step at a time.
So, the first real snow of the season hit this weekend. Perfect timing for a garage sale! Duh.



Augi and Em were singing away in Augi's room today. I tried to sneak in to catch it on video, but they caught me. Em's "Oooooo" is from the Snuggle Puppy song. If my job in England doesn't work out, we might get them to travel Europe and sing on the streets for money.




Tomorrow Em and I will spend the day together for his 6 month hearing test follow up and doctor visit. It looks like one of the tubes is gone or clogged. Hopefully he will pass the hearing test and he won't need more tubes! Ug. Keep your fingers crossed.
Augi saved her allowance and cocoa-money to buy these fabulous shoes today...


She has been begging me for them for at least 6 months. For some reason I actually stuck with my "no" because she is so damn picky about shoes. She bought them and she wore them all day long. Whatever works! She is getting some super cute Harajuku-Lovers canvas sneakers for Christmas. I can't wait! On that note, I am pretty much FINISHED with all of my shopping for the kids. Whoo-hoo!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Garage sale in Nov in snow? Sorry it didnt work out. As for downsizing, we just do what your doing, donate and craigslist. We have 10 boxes plus all of our clothes fit in suit cases, but we have fully furnished apartments. In Canada they gave us linens and dishes, so we hardly packed anything. The kids each get 2 boxes of toys and 1 box of books, crafts, etc. You have to limit yourself. I also give some bigger toys, like kitchen, bikes to friends and i tell them, if I come back, i want these back. Its worked so far. Hope that helps! Good luck! So excited for you!
-h