Thursday, December 03, 2009

Gobble gobble. I mean Ho ho ho.

I can't believe November is over and December is already here.  Phase II of our move to England is also over: Lester has stored her belongings into half of our family room. I didn't ever realize how much stuff we had down there until I had to start dragging it upstairs. Ug. It is a big project! I am s-l-o-w-l-y working on my credentialing for the new job. They need to know everything about me for the last 10 years. I'm sure most of you were listed as references--so you had better say nice things if they come knocking on your door!
We have all been a bit under the weather, to say the least. I had strep. I haven't had strep since I was a teenager. It was hell. I had the worst head ache in the world, and just a little sore throat. My temperature reached nearly 104 while I was taking Tylenol. It took several days for the antibiotic to kick in, and now I am just tired. Chris caught a similar bug, but he stuck it out until yesterday when he finally gave in to an antibiotic. Augi had a stuffy nose, but otherwise she sailed through ok. Emmett has been on and off sick for 2 weeks. He has a horrible hacking cough. I never know when to go to the doctor and when to just ride it out.

Augi mailed her letter to Santa, requesting a few toys and she asked him to send the elves back again. Well guess what, they arrived two nights ago! They must be a little under the weather too, because their mischief has been minimal. The first night they were caught trying to make calls on the cell phones. Last night they left a little surprise for Em and Augi on the table--teeny weeny russian nesting dolls. They decorated the tree with Augi's unders again--she handled it better this year. They were also caught trying to go joy-riding in Chris' car this morning. They didn't get far.



What have we done for fun lately, you ask? Well, we went on a mini-vacation with the Baldwins to Park City. The kids loved it. We stayed in a great condo with 6 hot tubs and a heated outdoor pool. The skiers were coming down the mountain on lovely man-made snow. The greatest ever is seeing the little Em Man in his full length swimming suit.

The new vacation tradition for these kids is getting to have Lucky Charms for breakfast. Emmett just picks out all the marshmallows.
The condo had a little rec room and they had activities for the kids all day.

We had so much fun that we headed back up with Chris a few days later.


OK. I actually like decorating for Christmas now that I have children. Getting the ornaments out and letting them look through them is priceless.

Thanksgiving was a great day. We had dinner at Meme's with all the cousins. Augi, Dayton, Kaedyn, and Caisy locked themselves in the bathroom to play with glow sticks. I am afraid it was a mini-rave. Augi brought her camera in and snapped some great shots. I can't see the X, but I did look.





While the big kids were raving, Em was innocently reading book after book after book with Grandma V.


I always like to add a few other shots of our lives with these crazy kids.
Augi came running out of the bathroom the other day to tell me she is an Indian. Interesting. Must be from Peter Pan. Princess Tiger Lilly?

I am getting nervous about leaving our good friends. We went to the zoo with Chiana, Julia, their mommy, and their yummy 6 month old brother James. He is seriously the sweetest baby I have ever seen. I didn't get a picture, though. We promised to have one more play date before the big move, so I will get one then.


Chris caught this shot of Em doing "Wee-Haw" as he likes to call it.

I previously posted a list of "Augish" vocabulary words. I thought I had better get a list of Emmish as well. So, here goes. If you ever visit Emmland, keep this guide handy.
  • "Nur, sye": Mother, I am finished nursing on this side and I would like to move to the other side. Yes, I am still nursing him. You just be quiet.
  • "Wee-Haw": Hey, I am riding a rocking moose with dad's gardening hat
  • "Choo-choo": I want to play with the trains.
  • "Awe" or "Gawg": Augi
  • "Par-ee, Daddy, Noe, Scare?": Remember when we went to that Halloween party and Daddy was dressed as a scary werewolf?
  • "Doooowwwwn.": please pick me up, or please put me down.
  • "Weebee":  any one of 3 light blue favorite blankies.
  • "Beebee.": baby elephant
  • "Wah-ee": I would like a drink of water please.
  • "Nah-Nye": Good night
  • "Booooooo!": I would like you to read me a book, please.
  • Well, that's all for now. It is way past my bedtime.

1 comment:

Heather said...

The indian pix is priceless!
-h