Sunday, December 20, 2009

December is getting away

Every single day I think about blogging. And every day I seem to be too darn busy! Geez, it isn't like we are moving across the world or something, right? Oh, wait. Maybe we are! So, what is the latest news, you ask? Well, we decided not to ship our household goods. We get a nice little cash out for not shipping it all. I love going through everything and ridding ourselves of the "stuff" we don't need. We still don't have a firm date yet, but all of my paperwork is in. It is just time to hurry up and wait...
We have had a couple of snow storms. Emmett couldn't care less if the temperature reaches the teens. He wants to be outside ALL the time. He loves to help daddy shovel snow.




Augi enjoys a little outdoor time herself. As long as she isn't required to wear socks! We made our first snowman of the season. He is still hanging out, but he has melted quite a bit.





We ventured out last week to see the lights at the park. We had already driven through, so we decided to try walking this night. I have to say, sitting in a cozy warm car is a much nicer way to do it!

Zion and India will set up camp at our place as soon as we move. In the meantime, they came by for a little play date while auntie Lester got some shopping done.

We had our annual big family Christmas party this weekend. It was really the best one yet. Auntie Luanna and Auntie Lisa organized a fun gingerbread house decorating contest. It was great fun and we won 2nd place!




It felt strange to think that we will be gone for at least 2 years. I actually have in my mind that we will be gone for at least 4. Shhhh. Don't tell Chris.
Speaking of Chris, we will be celebrating his big 4-0 day after tomorrow. I thought of planning a big surprise bash, but he isn't really that kind of guy. So, we will just have a quiet dinner at home. I scanned a bunch of his childhood pics. Here are a few for fun:



I love this video of Emmett. He was trying to take a little nap in Augi's little doll bed. Her elf has been sleeping here this month. Em thought it looked pretty comfortable.



Well, that is all I have for now. I'll try not to wait so long next time!

4 comments:

Tammy and Bruce Jolley said...

Chris looks like Ems twin.

Heather said...

Love the old skol photos. So how is the new house over seas coming? What city you going to be in, do you get to pick or is it given to you? So exited for you!
-h

sarah baldwin said...

bed. sma. ef. i love it. what am i going to do without those kiddos to squeeze everyday. blah! oh well. i'll just put out there to the universe to send me new squishy kids to squeeze... or a job in england. which ever comes first.

Munchy's Mama said...

I still can't believe you scanned all those old photos...you're amazing and what a wonderful gift!
Happy Birthday Uncle Chris!