Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Planes, Hummers, and Automobiles

I am tired. Very very tired. We are currently still in SLC, at the airport. The kids are having a grand time playing in the kid area. We cleaned and packed into the wee hours of the morning. The kids and I had a sleep over at Meme and Papa's while Daddy stayed at the house with Nanny. We left the house around 10 with Papa's Hummer packed full of luggage. Auntie Tab came along to take me and the kids in her car.
Checking in was a comedy act. We had 8 very large suitcases to check, 4 max-sized carry ons and the "personal items" (i.e., backpacks). Augi cried when she had to go through the metal detector. People behind us were giving us the stink eye. Ug. My little worry wort Augi asks me "what are they saying?" every single time someone says something overhead.
Chris and I are at the brink of divorce. Not really, but this has been one of the most stressful things we have ever done.
Next? We fly to Chicago, have a 4 hour layover, and then to London. From London two people will meet us at the airport to carry us and our luggage to our hotel. The next morning I will go to work to begin orientation.
Right now I am incredibly worried about Nanny. I get teary every time I think about her. I tried to tell her again last night that we aren't leaving her forever and she will be with us in a few months. She just looked at me like I am crazy.
I miss you all already. Be patient and we will contact you as soon as we can.

3 comments:

Munchy's Mama said...

We miss you guys too! Take care of yourselves and keep the updates coming!

Love you guys!

Heather said...

I always tell people. Hubs and I fight twice a yr.... every time we move. We are screaming and crying every yr at the same time, moving time, lol! It happens, your not alone.
Have fun unpacking, its my fav part. Try to take pixs of the house before you move in, then after pixs. Its amazing how personalized you will make it.
I'd love to hear all about your job and the culture shock and food and weather. In due time ,make a list of things and places to see and do and work your way down it. Its really important to get the kids out and about even if the house is a wreck, try to find some type of schedule for them. I know its exhausting but having 2 kids home all day is even worse in the end trust me.
Well we should be moving in 6-8 wks, dont know where yet, but i know its coming. Try to enjoy this time, is something many people wish they could do and you wont do it forever. So laugh now!
-h

abbie said...

that is good that Nanny will be with you soon. she will be fine.