Tuesday, January 12, 2010

This N That

Our visas are in...we are just waiting for the base clearance then they will book our flights. It looks like we will still leave around the 27th of the month. I started hyperventilating yesterday. We have gotten rid of so much of our "stuff". I am very proud of all of us for letting go of the junk that crowds our life. We still have a kitchen table and chairs and an ottoman available...Any takers?

The other night Augi was in bed playing with her create a story blocks. We were listening to her from the other room. She started out her story with "Once upon a time..." Chris reminded me of when she used to start out her stories with "Ponce a time..."
It is hard to see my kids grow so quickly. I miss her little "Ponce a time..."
She never plays with her imaginary friend Bubblegum anymore either. I asked her about Bubblegum the other day and she told me "She died."
Just like that. We didn't even get to say goodbye.

5 comments:

sarah baldwin said...

you know... some people are just like that. they die and you don't get to say goodbye. what to do! as for saying goodbye to you guys... well i'm not doing it. i will say something like "see you in september" or "catch ya on the cam" or something clever like that. no goodbyes here. i might even throw in a "i hate you for leaving" just for giggles! (but you know i really don't:))

Munchy's Mama said...

Woah, woah, woah, this is all going by way too quickly and happening way to fast....

I'm with Sarah on throwing the "I hate you for leaving" party, sniff-sniff...

Heather said...

Its say to say goodbye but so exciting once you reach your new place. Trust me! Have fun!
-h

lue said...

Can't believe your leaving in just 2 days, how exciting but I'm sure a bit scary too but you have your wonderful husband by your side and what an opportunity for Augi to start school in England. Keep us posted as soon as you get setteled. Grandpa Albert said he might go visit next yr, he's never been overseas. Miss and love you.

Heather said...

Thinking of you!
-h