Wednesday, January 27, 2010

We Made It!

After a painless flight over the ocean, we were picked up at the airport by two nice guys: John and Lou. It took both their cars to transport all of our junk. Em and Augi were really good on the airplane, but still didn't get more than 3 or 4 hours of sleep. Our hotel is on the Lakenheath base. It is really really nice--2 bedrooms and full kitchen. My coworkers stocked the kitchen with some groceries. The store and mini mall are just across the street from us. Hopefully tomorrow I will get an ID badge and a bank account. We will be here for up to a month, but hopefully we will find a house soon. It is 7 pm now. The kids have had their bath and Em just went to bed. Augi is requesting her snack. I will go to work at 745 am, so I had better get a good night's rest. I will post some pics tomorrow!

5 comments:

jen said...

Sheesh, I don't envy the stress of trying to move overseas. I hope you have arrived safe and sound and with a fair share of your sanity still in tact. Best of luck! Glad we can keep up with your life via the blog.

Munchy's Mama said...

Glad to hear you had a safe trip and all is well! I heard stories about the luggage, glad they were able to shuttle it all.
Good luck at work tomorrow...or, er, today, or.. :-)

sarah baldwin said...

oh, i didn't even think to check your blog. of course i was like "she will totally skype us before she blogs". hmm. it's ok. i know it's not personal. i can't wait to see pictures and hear more about your adventure. we watched rick steve's europe tonight and they were highlighting... ENGLAND! i know. we were very excited. WE MISS YOU!!! xoxo sarah & co.

Heather said...

Glad you got there safely. Sometimes is better if the kids dont fully sleep so they adjust to the time change faster. How ever not so easy for us adults. Good luck at your first day of work! So happy, excited and proud of you!
-h

abbie said...

that's so nice that your coworkers stocked the kitchen!