I don't really have anything to post, but I feel like I should say something. I have had a cough for about a month now. My ears are killing me. We are finally registered with the National Health System, so we can see physicians on the economy or use our insurance and go on base. On base we are "space available", which means we won't be seen if they are too busy. That was a process to share...I was told by many people that we are eligible for NHS because we pay British taxes. Getting our numbers after going back and forth with a local practice and calling the patient advocate office in another city felt a little like winning the lottery. We have the magic numbers now, so it is no problem!
I was feeling really homesick recently, but I am starting to feel more settled the last week or so. Augi was also feeling homesick. The other day we talked about the things we miss. I miss Target (of course), one stop shopping, friends, and family. Augi misses Einstein's bagels, the Baldwins, and the mountains. How weird is this...as I sat down to type this, I turned on the tele for some background noise. On is a show about Samolian refugees living in...SALT LAKE CITY! They keep showing footage around the valley. Strangely, it is fun to see--but it doesn't make me feel more homesick.
Last weekend we found some dining chairs from Ikea at a boot sale. Great deal! We also found an authentic American Girl doll for an unreal price.
Augi and Em become more and more "British" every day. Augi says "perhaps..." and Em calls our stroller a "push chair."
I haven't used my new Wii a whole lot, but I did recently buy a dance game. I really think it is fun, and Augi gave it a go as well...
Em can't wait to start playing "football"... (Heather--you would be proud!)
I had the day off work today so I was able to walk Augi to school and pick her up. I am so happy that she and Em are having this opportunity to hang out with their daddy. They have a great little routine in the mornings. They get to school early and kick a ball around. Augi runs her belongings in as soon as the teacher opens the door. Then, she sits down with her friends and Chris and Em wave to her from the window. Em is looking forward to starting school too. He can officially start in January, but we might pay for him to go beginning in September.
So, just a little update.
5 comments:
i'm homesick for you guys... wa wa wa!! birthday parties always make me miss you... all of you. i love that augi says "perhaps" and i hate that emmett is getting so big. we miss you guys terribly (does that sound british?) you know what to do about that cough missy... pull out your book! xoxo your bff in kay. s.
I am very proud!
-h
We're homesick for you guys too! It's just not the same here without ya!
Great pictures! The kids look so happy, and content. What an adventure for a family. Enjoy your time in Europe...it will go by quickly. Seize every moment to travel and explore. See you soon. Nike
Scott bought me that Dance game for our Wii. i have only tried it for a tiny bit. i need to try it more.
Post a Comment