Monday, June 21, 2010

Quotes

Yesterday we went to a medieval festival at a local farm. It is a fun little farm called "Jimmy's Farm" where they have some rare breed animals. I didn't see any piggies, then I realized today that the piggies were in our lunch (sausages), so maybe it was best that I didn't see them. Ew. I might think about being a vegetarian again.


After I got home I asked the kids what their favorite part of the outing was.
Augi: I liked the forest and painting.
Em: I yike cows!
Me: We didn't see any cows, Em.
Em: I yike piggies!
Me: Ok. Fine. But we didn't see any piggies either.
Maybe he meant he liked the sausages?

Em and I are in the process of weaning. Yes, he is over two now and I am ready to sleep through the night for the first time in 4 years. He has done a great job falling to sleep without nursing for 4 nights in a row. He earned a baby doll for his work and he loves it. Last night he cried and told me that he really wants to nurse. I offered to tell him some stories instead. The first story was about a little boy named Charlie who was big and needed to stop nursing. He was sad about it and as he wandered around, some fairies came along and gave him all the things he needs to be able to stop nursing: warm milk in a bottle, stuffed toys, songs, etc.

I asked Em if he liked the story and he responded:
"Ya. Charlie no nurse. And, Charlie yike DRAGONS!!"
The boy has a one track mind.

Then, Em requested another story. Here was the conversation:
Em: Tell me another story, Mommy.
Me: Which story do you want?
Em: 3 yittle piggies.
Me: Once upon a time there were 3 little piggies...
Em: (interupts.) No mommy. I no yike piggies. I yike turkeys.
Me: Ok, once upon a time there were 3 little turkeys...
Em: (interupts) and no wolf, mommy. Wolf too scary.
Me: Ok, so you want a story about 3 little turkeys, and no wolf?
Em: Ya.
Me: Once upon a time there were 3 little turkeys. They each built a house. One made a dumb straw house, one made a dumb stick house and the other made a really cool brick house. The end. Do you like that story?
Em: Yep. Say it again, Mommy.

Then, today, Augi was telling me about a new friend at school, named "Ollie." She wants to invite him to her birthday party.
Me: No, Augi, you already have 5 kids planned and that is the limit.
Augi: Well, I'll just axe one off the list. I need him to come because Bellsie loves Dillon so I am his friend now. (Looks down sheepishly)
Me: Do you love Ollie?
Augi: Yes.
OMG. Augi is in love. Already? And with a boy whose name is the same as my mother's dog.

5 comments:

sarah baldwin said...

the irony... i loved the story of charlie though. good one!! i'm guessing he was on to you.

Valerie said...

great stories Jess. Don't worry, my dog is Ozzy so she is safe.

Heather said...

you know i just adore kid quotes. Too cute!
-h

abbie said...

how's it going with Em at night now?
wow-not sleeping through the night for 4 years? Mia is already doing that! i am so relieved. she never was bad, but still. my hat's off to you.
;)

Munchy's Mama said...

LOL, Em should TOTALLY start writing children's books! With your help of course.