We tried the same playgroup with Augi way back when we first arrived here. That was not a success. She was bored at home and we wanted her to have a place to learn and play and make friends until she could start school. Well, she hated it and we let her drop it. However, the playgroup is on the same campus as her school so we can't beat the convenience. After today I understand the early childhood system a little better. Under two's go to "playgroup", at 3 they get free "nursery", then "reception" at 4, and formal primary school at age 5. I was really worried about how Em would do, considering the history with Augi and the fact that he has never been in group daycare. He of course spent time at Sarah's, but that is more equivalent to staying at his aunt's than daycare.
So, today, we arrived after dropping Augi off at her school. We three had been building Em up for it for a week or so. Even Augi was saying nice things about it. It was, of course, ages and ages ago that she had to attend the miserable joint. We went in and Emmett immediately ran in and began playing with toys. He didn't even look back. We filled out some paperwork and Emmett occupied himself. Then, when it was time to go I gave him a kiss and he promptly wiped it away and practically shooed me away. I sulked away to work and Chris went home for a little while. When Chris arrived Emmett was sitting listening to books with a group of children. He was as happy as could be. So two days per week it is. My little boy is getting big! Time for another?
Anyway, here is the lame part. Do you think I got Em a new backpack or took pictures to document the day? Of course not. Second kid gets no attention. I have convinced myself that it is OK because it was just a trial day. If he didn't like it we weren't going to send him and who wants to document that, right? I promise to make a bigger deal out of his official first full day on Friday. There will be slicked hair and pictures.
Completely unrelated, Chris created these sweet prints of the kids...I love them.
Thanks for all of your kind words about my mother. We are looking forward to visiting with her next month.


2 comments:
Time for another? I love this idea.... : )
Photo creations are cool! I guess Em was just ready. I wish things went that smoothly all the time.
-h
I love the images.
Post a Comment