Enough about me and my stupid blues.
At least my kids are still cute.
Em is just trying to figure out how he will manage being away from his daddy for 3 hours twice a week. Actually, I think it is harder on Chris. Em gives a good cry for his dad's sake, then his dad leaves and he is fine and can enjoy the rest of his day. He is such a sweet lovey little monkey. When I ask him for a kiss, he tells me to give him a kiss on his cheek. "But not too much kisses" he says. I'll take what I can get. He is also thinking about potty training. Sort of. He likes the idea of getting a candy each time he goes. He prefers the little potty to the big toilet, much to my dismay. I hate cleaning those suckers out. Whatever works. So, he spends all of his home time in unders. We remind him to go once an hour. He has many accidents and they are no big deal to him. He does seem to be holding it a little longer. Eh. No big worry for me. If he is interested, we will try. But this is a no-pressure house in the potty training department.
Em was READY for his first day of school...and he looked fab.
Later, we found a new hat for him. He likes hats, and he tells us this one is "tool."
I'm glad he is still my sweet little boy and he needs his weebee near his ear.
Augi is constantly trying to figure out which religion she would like to follow. She wants to know who believes in Fairies and Wind Horses. Hmmm. I told her to try the Wiccans.I'm not sure which religion will be most accepting of her interesting sense of fashion. It really should be a consideration, though.
Augi had her first real sleepover. I was hesitant to have a 5 year old spend the night because I didn't want to be up at 3 am driving a little girl home. But, Augi's BFF Isabella was ready for it. They had a blast. They schemed to get up in the night and get into mischief, but neither moved after 1030 pm. Maybe next time, girls. Augi has also started swimming lessons. I am amazed at how brave she is after just 2 lessons. She will go into the water without her arm bands, and she will put her face under without holding her nose. She loves it. She doesn't even complain about the goofy cap. It's Easy-shmeasy Lemon Squeezy, to use her favorite phrase.
The other night the sunset was really beautiful. I took this from my phone while driving, so you have to use a little imagination...
The light is returning, so my blues should go away soon. It wasn't completely dark at 4 pm today! I am looking forward to coming back to Utah...but also dreading it at the same time.
BTW, Chris thinks blogs are so 2 years ago. He says it is all about Facebook now. I say blech to him. I am so over Facebook.





3 comments:
Those are some "tool tids!" That first pic of Em is awesome. Such a distinguished young man.
Is Isabella supposed to be 5 or 15? (o=
I AM SO OVER FACEBOOK!!! tell chris to get with the times. facebook is so last year. thanks for the update. as for the sun and flowers? i'm with ya... the sun has been out all week but it's been too cold to go out to play and all the snow has melted and my yard looks like a big brown pile of wet mush. i love the pictures. we can't wait to see you all.
can not get over how big he looks. My goodness!
-h
Post a Comment