I don't feel like posting much these days. I have kept most of my thoughts written in private journals. A lot of good thinking has been going on, though.
There are good things in the works, here in our little life.
#1: New School!
Sooooo...we have decided to put the kids in private school. It is a beautiful school, actually an old estate home, built sometime in the 1700's or earlier. Besides the house itself, there are beautiful gardens all around. The primary reason for choosing this school is the size. Emmett's class will have about 6 children, no more than 9. Augi's class will have 10. There are only 100 students in the entire school, ages 2-13. It is a boarding school, so we can always use that as a threat for our children when they are naughty!!! We decided on this school from 3 available. I scheduled the kids for a "taster day" (i.e., they spent the morning in their classes). It wasn't really their choice to go there, but I was so hoping they would like it. I struggled with the decision to have yet another move for them or keep consistency at a school that doesn't have a lot of resources, although it has been okay. We picked them up after lunch and when asked how it was, Augi said, "Great!!! I love it!!" and Em said, "Awesome!!!" They both had a blast. So, we paid our deposit and registered them today. They start in the fall. Yippee! These pictures aren't the greatest quality, and they really did enjoy the day, despite Augi's look of concern. There will also be one more girl in Augi's group. That's a lot of potential mates there in that line-up, eh? I'm voting for that cute little dark haired kid.
#2: Meme has booked her ticket!!!
Now, she won't be here for 5 weeks like last year, but we will get undivided grandma attention for 3 weeks straight. The kids can barely contain their excitement, and I am even worse.
#3: Driving lessons are going wonderfully...sort of.
My test isn't until August, but after 2 lessons, good ole' Matt the instructor thinks I just need another lesson or two to "polish" my technique. The rules...my god...the rules. You must check over each shoulder and in the mirror before changing in any position. Even forward. Seriously? Yep. Even if you are pulling away with a wall behind you and a wall on either side. Check all mirrors before indicating. Check your rear view mirror before you signal or slow as you approach a t-intersection. Round a bouts. Let's not talk about those. We are driving illegally at this point. Hopefully, by August, we will be legal.
#4: The chinchillas will have a new family as of this weekend.
I didn't want to be flippant. I was impulsive, though. They are cute. They are soft. They don't stink. They are terrified of Emmett. That's it. They are just a lot of work and the kids can't hold them or snuggle them and I can only do it after 9 pm when the house is silent. So, I found a nice family with teenage twin daughters who have been dying for chinchillas for 6 months. I am sorry for disappointing Augi. I truly am. She has been a darling. She silently sits outside their cage and gently reaches her hand in. They let her rub their belly. But, I don't need the complication of the little critters right now. She handled it ok when I told her. A few tears, but understanding. Chris is relieved. Emmett couldn't care less. In his opinion they are weirdo big mice who are scaredy-cats.
Well, four is enough for now. I am healing, going through the stages. Funny thing, grief. I sort of expected that I would go through each stage, check it off, and be one step closer to acceptance, even though I have been trained differently. Guess what? All those things I tell people about grief are true!!! I go through 4 stages in one freakin day. Denial: She isn't gone. Bargaining: I'll be better if she comes back. Anger: Why didn't she take better care of herself?! on and on it goes. Back to depression. That is what I have the most of. Just pure sadness.


4 comments:
I wish things would get better for you as far as your mom goes but life sounds great otherwise.I like the little boys knee socks.
everything is perfect as it is... always remember that. you are such a wonderful mother and friend and wife. you are loved more than you can imagine jessi. xoxo s.
K- I was laughing out loud at Em's thought of the 'scaredy-cat mice' and then read Sarah's comment and am now tearing up.
So sweet and so true. Jessi, you ARE an amazing person. You excel in everything you do. You have such courage and strength.
Rembember all things happen for a reason--although it would be easier if we knew right-off-the-bat why.
School sounds amazing! Happy for you all to have found such a great place and that you even have so many options. I am jealous of that!
Driving im not jealous of, i drove in kenya, horrible and hard. good luck!
Pets always seem like a good idea till reality kicks in. They are cute though!
As for grief, Im sorry. I cant imagine what your going through but you know we are always here for you.
Post a Comment