Sunday, August 05, 2012

It's Gone...

July 2012 is gone. Not one post during the entire month. This must be the longest I have ever gone without a post. This is going to be a general post, but we have special posts coming up...Paris 2012 and Augi's 7th Birthday. If I try to do them tonight, they won't be any fun. I will take my time and do them right.
I am busy at work, as usual. I have also been under the weather for 3 weeks. In case you don't know, I discovered about 6 years ago that I have had an attack on my spinal cord at some point in my life. The name of it is Transverse Myelitis. Well, because there is a little weak spot on my spinal cord, any infection I get or even a raise in my body temperature from too intense exercise can result in an exacerbation of symptoms. What does that mean? I got a cold and a uti and had a fever. So, now I have pins and needles from the neck down to my toes. I have pain in my sciatic nerve on my right side. My legs and fingers don't want to work right so I have to concentrate hard to get them to move, which is exhausting. Today I am feeling a little better. I just have to let it run its course. Hopefully I am on the downhill side...
A little fatigue didn't keep us down, though! Here you will find my cute little nuts. Em has a love-love relationship with Ava. Augi and Ava have a love-hate relationship. Girls. Let me tell you about this field, though. This is the field where Colton and Clint and I set our lanterns off. I feel a sense of calm whenever I go through it. I try to do it often.
 Our first summer in England was beautiful, as I remember it. Last summer was a disappointment. This summer? Miserable weather. This is as close as the kids get to sunbathing this year. At least they are willing to keep trying, right? I do miss warm summers.
 Knowing about the miserable summers in England, who in their right mind has an
outdoor pool here? Well, the kids' school has one. Dummies. Augi was nearly in tears as she had to jump in this FREEZING water on a cold day for the swim competition. She did it, though. Brave girl.

 I can't complain about everything in England in the summer. The green fields spotted with red poppies is my absolute favorite view.
More school events happened this year, including the summer concert where Augi played the recorder, violin, and glockenspiel.

 Augi and I signed up for the race for life, my 3rd race. However, true to England's style, it was cancelled due to rain. Grr.
 So, we went to Gregg's for a sweet and tea instead. We still thought about my mom and enjoyed the time together.
Augi is tortured with the same fine, straight hair that I have. She was so proud of the curls we were able to get for a party...
 And the company was fantastic!!
 Augi and I went out for a little exercise. She dressed the part...
 I could just eat his cheeks up! This little boy melts my heart.
 He plays as hard as he rests.
 And he enjoys life. "Just enjoying the lovely sun..."
 This is not meant to be a complaint. Just an observation. I often cross this track. Nothing noticeable about it. Except, when a train comes, two to three men  come out and lower the rails and close the gate by hand. No automation. Amazing. Keeps people working, I guess.


3 comments:

Tammy said...

I love the first image and the one of Em in the water

sarah baldwin said...

i'm dieing at augi's little matching dresses with her school mates, emmett napping, emmett period, augis curls (so precious), and your ailments. i'd take an english summer over our blistering hot one... you up for a trade? xoxo s.

Heather said...

hope you feel better soon! I swear sometimes I think Augi was born to live in england!