Saturday, March 16, 2013

It's the little differences...

If you love Pulp Fiction as much as I do, you will remember this scene:

Vincent: But you know what the funniest thing about Europe is?
Jules: What?
Vincent: It's the little differences. I mean they got the same shit over there that they got here, but it's just...just there it's a little different.


Vincent Vega knew what he was talking about. Going to the grocery store hurts my brain sometimes. It took an insanely long time for me to find Chicken Broth today. For my fellow Americans...what do you think of when I say get a few cans of chicken broth? You get this, right:

You know that a chicken dinner doesn't actually come in the can. You are buying that clear liquid pictured in the background, right?
Well, I headed over to the local grocery store for some broth. No problem. Until I found this:

What the hell are those chunks? Aaaagh. I asked for help and they looked at me like I am crazy lady. It took me FOREVER to find the right stuff and it looked like this:

It was a gel in little pots and I had to add boiling water. 

Here are some other comparisons to give you more of an idea...

US has:


UK has:


US:

UK:


UK:


US:


US:

UK:


US:


UK:


UK:

US:

UK:












US:












I just wanted to give you a little glimpse into my world. Like I said, sometimes just going to the grocery store hurts my brain.

No comments: