Saturday, March 16, 2013

This one is for you, Auntie Tammy

Seriously people. I want to post every week but I just can't do it these days! Tammy complained via Facebook that she is tired of looking at the naked mole rat. So, here is a post. It's mid-March. Still winter. Still dark (although not as dark). Still cold. Still wet. Still no passports so still no travel. I have been reading OTHER people's blogs. I have been thinking of ideas for what I can write about. The kids say funny things. They do fun things. I don't write them down. I forget. So, I googled "ideas for blog posts." It is that bad! I actually found sites that will send you templates of what to post on your blog. Most of them were aimed at business (I guess...) and gave ideas such as: Post on "5 problems with business hotels." Not really relevant. How about "5 habits that keep you up at night and how to stop." OK. That's just weird.  Anyway, I started looking at other blogs and saw a post I liked. She suggested bloggers copy her post and "fill in the blanks."  OK. I can do that. I don't like to write posts just about me. It is something to get me out of my writer's block, though... I would L-O-V-E it if anyone who reads this does the same. 
Fill in the blanks:
I am happy because:
I have fabulous children
I have a cute husband
I like my job
I have met a bazillion new friends in England
I live in England, for that matter
I have a dog
I am sad because:
most of my friends and all of my family are too far away to see as much as I'd like.
my mom is gone.

I am not independently wealthy. I want to work part time and spend more time with my kids.
I am weird because:
I won't drink or eat anything that has even gone near a bathroom. I also spit my gum out if I have to go into a bathroom. 
I am EXTREMELY picky about the way my clothes feel
I don't like to cuddle.

I love to be the center of attention but I hate people looking at me.
I am a bad friend because:

I hate talking on the phone and I don't really like Skype.
I forget birthdays. and anniversaries. and maybe even names. (not really!)
I take forever to respond to emails.
I am a good friend because:
I am VERY loyal to my close friends.
I love to laugh with my friends.
I will go to great lengths to help my friends.
I am working on:
updating my blog more often!
understanding myself
living in the present
I am excited because:
we will get to travel again soon!
I just finished a blog post and Tammy doesn't have to look at the Naked Mole Rat!

1 comment:

Munchy's Mama said...

I too, am thankful :)

Cute post. Miss and love ya!