Monday, May 13, 2013

Someone Replaced my Four Year Old with a FIVE Year Old!

I can't believe he is 5. I am so lucky to be a mother to this kid. Emmett LOVES monsters and anything "scary." So, he wanted a Halloween themed birthday party. Since there are no Halloween decorations to be found in eastern England in May, he settled for Monsters. Emmett is a homebody. He loves to be at home and insisted that his party must be at home. He got his wish!

The Birthday Boy
We made pet rock monsters...complete with a take-home carry case, instructions included. 

 I love a good pinata. However, this sucker was nearly impossible to break open. Jeez. 




 The kids decorated the cupcakes...



 "So, Ava, now that I'm 5...and you're still 7...what do you think about going on a date this weekend?" Em's true love...

 I have wanted one of these silly photo things for ages. My dreams came true (i.e., I made my own.) However, I CAN NOT draw hands. No comments about them or I will lose my mind. Grrr. 
I owe Michelle BIG TIME for helping me with this party. I couldn't have done it without her. She even brought me a sangria later. 
What a true friend! 
The party entertainers/Bouncers
 The guys...




 Em and one of his very best friends...Kate. 
 Monster walking! (and his other bestie...Heidi)


 The no-hands donut eating contest was the highlight of the party. I spy some cheaters!!!


 I have soooooo gotten my money's worth out of this parachute. We get it out at every stinkin party. 

 I didn't know about "Pass the Parcel" until I came to England...you pass a present around until the music starts, then unwrap a layer of paper. The prize in the middle is the best!
 Hungry little monsters!

The party was super duper fun for the kids. Immediately afterwards, I said I wouldn't do it ever ever again. But, now, 2 days post party...I am thinking I will talk Emmett into a SUPERHERO party for next year!!!!! If I start now, it won't be so bad, right? 

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Looks like a blast!

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Henderson said...

can you plan my next party?...what a fun time!!

michelle said...

So cute!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Girlfriend,
Been thinking about you tons lately. Hope all is good. Love the BLOG! Tons of work, but thanks for keeping it up. Heading out to Idaho for a 10 day trip. Plan on meeting Shanna before she starts teaching her summer session at UW. Off to NODAK in July. When will you be in UT? Just want to make sure we are in the state. Ton sure how this "circle" works? Defintely need to visit with you about lots of things happening. Think of often> Do you ever hear from Monika? Planning a big trip to Europe next year, where a very lengthy stay in some villa....keep in touch.