Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Saturnalia 2013

I'm kidding. We don't really call it Saturnalia. We aren't that dorky (ok...maybe we are.) Saturnalia is a great Pagan Holiday, but we aren't Romans.
Anyway, this was likely our last Christmas in England. It was a nice, quiet day with lots of fun gifts. The kids (ahem...EMMETT!) was awake at 5, allowed to wake Augi at 530, and the gifts were unwrapped by 6. We had a great Christmas dinner with the Kookes (alias). I am so happy we have friends who are great cooks. We would never get a good meal if it weren't for them!
 Augi's wishes came true...Zoomer the robotic dog, a story making kit, Maom sweets, and lots of girly accessories. 
 Emmett was happy to get the Hot Wheels Race track...the classic from when I was a kid! He was also hoping for SnapCircuits...an electrical engineering kit. His squeal of excitement and the giant hug that followed opening snap circuits was priceless. I want to remember that moment forever.





 Em's spy disguise has reached a new level. Awesome. These were inspired by his cousin Dayton and he is pleased as punch to be like Dayton.
 I don't know why, but HotWheels brand cars actually work better than other brands on this track!
 The post snap circuits hug...
 I have been disappointed by robotic toys in the past, but this one really is cute. Augi was pleasantly surprised that she got her wish...
 Phiz wasn't left out...

We received a lot of wonderful gifts and cards in the mail from those of you across the ocean who couldn't spend the day with us. Thank you so much! You helped make our holiday even better.

No comments: