Friday, February 20, 2015

Lint.

We aren’t Catholic. We aren’t religious at all. However, I am a lover of tradition and rituals. Soooooo…I think celebrating Lent is awesome.  It makes me feel like I belong to some sort of club. I don’t really know why Lent is celebrated…I’ll look that up on Wikipedia someday.

So, here we are on Day 3 of Lent. Here is how it’s  going:

Me: I am giving up sweets. Well, except for the pumpkin cookie I had yesterday. And the bag of mini-eggs. I will start tomorrow. No more sweets. I considered giving up Facebook…but I don’t know if I can give up something 3 days into Lent. Actually, it’s my own thing so I can do whatever I want, right? In fact, I am going to call it Lint. All the mormons around me won’t know the difference anyway. Just like when I tell them Chris is Jewish.

Chris: Chris gives up Lent for Lent.

Augi: She is giving up candy. Except any candy she earns as a prize at school. This required some tweaking. Augi is the queen of guilt. Lint is much looser than Lent. She has a hard time with my reduced standards.

Em: He is refusing to give up anything. In fact, he is going to eat all of my and Augi’s uneaten sweets.

Day 4 of Lint is going to be so awesome.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I gave up sweets too for Lent, except for the wonderful Valentine chocolate I forgot to eat! Your blogs are so funny. I am procrastinating on work so will get off this blog now.