Monday, June 25, 2007

The Stinker

This little girl can be such a stinker. I wish I had a picture of her having one of her tantrums. They are getting more frequent. Maybe this is the beginning of the terrible twos. We now have a daily battle over clothes. The funny thing is that I don't really care what she wears. It isn't a battle of what she will wear in general. If she wants to wear purple poka-dot pants and a red striped shirt, so be it. The battle is whether or not she will wear clothes at all. For a week now she has had huge tantrums over getting dressed. She wants to be "Nee-nee." Last night she had the biggest tantrum of all because she was wearing a button down shirt under a onsie (both are waaaayyyyy too small and she found them in the donate pile) and she didn't want to take them off for her bath. She was kicking, smacking, screaming, and crying. I had to put her in her room just to keep her from flipping out of my arms. At least she is asserting herself, right? But then, once in a while, she stops in the middle of a fit to do something funny, like laugh at the little wooden duck staring at her from across the room.
She also called me "dorky" three times this weekend. I'll post a picture when I have more energy. Nanny is making her whiney little hiss noise at me as she stares from the dark hall. She needs me to take her on a walk. She refuses to poo in our back yard. Weird kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just wait until she becomes a teenager thats when the real fun starts.

abbie said...

maybe you should just have given her a bath WITH her clothes on to see if that made her happy. hmmmmmm...but maybe it would have and then that wouldn't have worked. and she would have gotten her way...maybe you should watch those NANNY shows. ;) not that you need them, it's just that i love watching them-the kids and parents are so crazy!