Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Thinker


Whenever we go to new places with lots of people, Augi quietly takes it all in. I don't ever remember being this way. Maybe she gets it from Chris. She seems to enjoy being there, but she is so quiet and spends most of her time watching the other children. After about an hour, she will jump right in and act like a crazy little monkey. I wish I could know what she is thinking when she sits and watches.
We went to Liberty park with Patricia and her girls this week. It was great. I forgot to bring a swim diaper, so Augi went in the water with a regular diaper. The signs told me this is forbidden--for sanitary reasons. Well, she hardly got in the water so I am not feeling too bad. A few people gave us dirty looks. Oh-well. She enjoyed herself. We will go again soon. I bet she will be much more comfortable the second time. She talked about this little turtle last night. She loved that it was just her size. When her daddy asked her about it, she told him it was "Tend." That is Augish for pretend.
An old friend sent me some pictures of his two children today. His daughter is three, his son just a few months old. It made me think about having another. Maybe sometime soon. I don't know. When I showed Augi the pictures, she told me she wanted to hold the baby in the photo.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

abbie said...

that is the cutest picture ever!