Friday, September 12, 2008

4 months and special days

Today was Em's 4 month visit with Dr. K. It reminded me of a few special things that happened recently.
  • Yesterday was my Grandpa K's birthday. He died last year just before his birthday. I miss him. I only have one grandparent left. My grandparents were all very important in my childhood. I thought about visiting his grave, but I think I will go get a cake roll instead. We used to eat them together whenever I would visit. That is a much more tasty way to remember him!
  • Yesterday was Em's 4 month birthday! Yipee!
  • Augi started drop off musik class on Wednesday...stay tuned for pictures. Sarah actually took her, but I "happened" to be driving by right at drop off time, so I stopped--without a camera. It is hard to see your kids grow up so quickly.

Anyway, here are the results from the Dr. visit:

  • 4 vaccines in two shots. Ouch. He only cried for a second, though. Good thing because I used up all the tissues for my blubbering. I expressed my concerns about all the vaccines, but Dr. K put my mind at ease and I decided not to go with the alternate vaccine schedule of spreading them out.
  • Head: 75th Percentile Chub: 90th percentile Height: 75th percentile (ie, he is tall and fat with a big head) These were not corrected for prematurity--so he is actually even higher. Yeah, he has been workin' out. Ug. No wonder my back hurts!
  • He does have torticollis. It is mild, much more mild than Augi's was, but it is still there. I knew it, but I was trying not to accept it. The exercises are so hard with him because he is strong. I am going to be diligent about it, though, to avoid having to helmet the poor little big headed guy.
  • All milestones were appropriate
  • No peeing on Dr. K today
  • Dr. K makes a tasty plum cake. He shared some with me because he knows I love all things German/Austrian.

1 comment:

Heather said...

A doc who offers cake, wow, where do I find one of those? I had vaccine concerns too but he is all caught up now. Y\Cant wait to see the pixs, i like how you just happen to be driving by.
-h