Sunday, September 07, 2008

Catch-ups


I am quite proud of myself for my frequent blogging recently. I think I feel a sense of competition with cousins Jen and Heather--daily bloggers. This will end when I return to work.

Anyway, sometimes when I am testing a child I have them draw a picture of themselves and their family--then I interpret the hidden meanings. Well, today I was thinking--Augi doesn't even know how to draw people. Then, I thought, maybe she does. So, I asked her to draw a person on her magna doodle. She freakin' knows how!! I am always amazed by that child. She drew a monster with a head, arms (one is tiny because it was too close to the edge--but they are both there!), legs, and "lots and lots of eyes." Um, I am not going to interpret this publicly, but I might send her to a psychologist soon.
We have been recording our home videos onto dvd and having lots of fun watching them. We have footage from our days living with Jeremy. We all look super young and skinny. Kids sure do add lots of weight!
The videos of Augi at 12-18 months make me happy and sad. She was so cute, but it was such a short time. Oh, Emmett calls...

2 comments:

jen said...

That is too hilarious..."psychologizing" your own kid. I love it.

I enjoy your more frequent updates.

Seth and I were just discussing yesterday the added weight of parenthood. I don't think I can fit one of my legs into the waist portion of my old climbing harness. It is really sad. We loaned it out to someone and Seth was remembering skinny me and suddenly he was lusting for old Jen. Hate to tell him this, but I don't think she's coming back!

Heather said...

Will you psy eval my kids too? lol!

I am so happy to see you blogging more and am sad that work will slow you down. I hope you will continue and if this is a competition, no one told me!

-h