It has just been one of those weird wrong days. I got to bed late last night because I had to take an online ethics course to renew my license. I was already exhausted last night.
- 6:30 am REFLUX. I heard "gurgle gurgle." Well, I immediately bolted upright. I know that sound means my baby is refluxing (this probably isn't really a word, but it has become a verb in our house to mean that the acidic contents of my baby's tummy are about to project from his mouth. With Augi, it also meant that her head was about to spin and screaming would begin). I grabbed Em and sat him up just as he vomited everywhere. Then, he proceeded to scream in pain for a few minutes.
- 6:35 AWAKE. SINUS PAIN. LAUNDRY. Augi heard this and woke up. She came into my room and climbed into bed. She was then mad because the baby was crying and "why is there frow up everywhere?" So, Chris brought in a clean blanket and jammies. I changed the baby and tried to get them to go back to sleep. No luck. My head was pounding from a sinus infection. Laudry load #1 for the day went in. (This is after 10, yes 10, loads of laundry yesterday).
- 6:45-8ish CHORES. OK, so I ran around the house all morning trying to pick up toys off the floor so I could vacuum. The vacuum has been sitting in the hall for 3-4 days now. I never succeeded.
- 8-9 EBAY. I then spent time and tears trying to get my sold Ebay auctions out the door. I never succeeded.
- 9:00 SHOWER. I tried to shower. Augi did a great job of watching the baby, but my hair was only partially rinsed when the big screaming began. So, I got out and held him. Augi helped me entertain Em and we did our makeup together.
- 10: GROUCHY BABY AND TRYING TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE. Augi wanted to play in the wind, so we went outside. Emmett was fussy all morning. His tummy hurt. He hasn't been taking his Prevacid, he vomits it up, so he has diaper rash and heart burn.
- 10:40: DRIVING. Chris arrived home from jogging just in time for me to leave to meet a new patient.
- 10:50-12:00 WORK. I got to my office and the garbages were all overflowing and the toilet had poo in it. Gross. I cleaned up that mess. My patient was fine, a cute little kiddo and his concerned parent
- 12:15-2:30 SHHHH. KEEP THE BABY ASLEEP. I rushed home. Em was happy to see me, he was starving. He fell asleep quickly and slept for 2 hours. Augi and I played Polly Pockets while I continued to work on my Ebay orders. I never got them together. I also tried to pick up toys. They are still all over the floor. Where does the time go?
- 2:30 GETTING OUT OF THE HOUSE. Emmett woke up. I gathered up our library books, some forms I needed copy, and my grocery list. We headed out to run errands.
- 2:30-6:00 ERRANDS. God. Where does the time go!!! We went to the library, then Hobby Lobby, then Target. We didn't make it to the copy store. I'll save that for tomorrow. Augi fell asleep in the shopping cart basket at Target. Yeah, that looks great. I love it when I run into patients in Target. If I am not chasing my screaming child, I am walking out with her leaned against the cart asleep with a chocolate chip cookie hanging out of her mouth. Great routine.
- 6:00 DINNER, TANTRUMS AND LAUNDRY. Bring in the groceries. It was raining so I ran Em in to Chris and went back out to grab the sleeping Augi. Emmett pooed all down Chris' leg. Well, his tummy felt better. Laundry load #2 for the day. Augi slept until 6:30 or so. She had a tantrum when she woke up. Who knows why. Well, she peed on the bathroom floor on accident while tantruming and trying to get her step stool to the potty. Laundry load #3. Emmett cried while she cried. I did get to eat dinner.
- 7:00 CLEAN UP. Em fell asleep for a minute. Hooray. Attempted to pick up toys. Didn't succeed.
- 7:30 VOMITING. Em is awake again. He was happy. I tried to give him a Prevacid. I literally put 3 drops in his mouth. He gagged, then projectile vomited. Laudry load #4. (It is still in the washer now.) Cleaned up Emmett. Rocked him.
- 8:30 BREAK? Em is finally asleep for the night. Augi played in her room with her new Polly Pocket. i checked my email and figured out the EBAY problems.
- 9:00 BLOGGING. Augi wanted a bath. I decided to document my day. It wasn't my worst day ever, it was just long and I felt like I was going in circles all day. Maybe tomorrow will be more productive. I am going to post a few pics, then I will go read our library books with Augi, put her to bed, and try to walk on the treadmill for a few minutes. Then, I will crash.
So, here are the pictures. You get the fun stuff even if you didn't read about a day in the life of Jessi.
WE LET DAN THE QUAIL GO THIS WEEK. IT WAS A LOT LESS CLIMACTIC THAN WE HAD ANTICIPATED. HE WAS A LITTLE FREAKED OUT. HOPEFULLY HE FIGURED IT ALL OUT.
WE WENT TO A CARNIVAL AND GMA MEME'S SCHOOL. FUN TIMES.
P.S. I TRIED TO ADD MORE PICTURES, BUT THE FREAKIN' BLOGGER WAS HAVING PROBLEMS. FIGURES.
4 comments:
Hey at least you partially showered and got out of the house and to work. Thats HUGE in my book. Half the time I cant even shower or leave the house, lol!
-h
Is it bad that it makes me feel better reading about your bad day?
I had a dream the other night that I need you to interpret for me....in the dream I was losing all my teeth. What does that mean?!
Jen--Freud said teeth dreams represent fear of castration punishment for masturbation. LOL!!! Most others think it is anxiety. I usually find that I am grinding my teeth when I have teeth falling out dreams.
well, this entry sure does make me excited to have children! wow!
i would lock myself in the bathroom with some beer. or maybe vodka.
Post a Comment