Maybe it is S.A.D. I don't know. I just seem to have the winter blues. I am grouchy with my family and I don't have any motivation. Ug. Work is dumb. I am so incredibly tired of the politics. I am just tired. I can't wait for this slump to end. Spring...must...come...soon...
So, I have not been motivated to blog. It takes all of my energy to even comment. I am reading your blogs. All of you. It all looks wonderful. Especially the warm ones.
Whenever I get blue, I start to obsess over things to take my mind off my funk. I started to make pendants from scrabble tiles. I got all the supplies, made a couple, and now my motivation is lost. You see, I really want to be a very talented and creative crafter type. I always lose my focus along the way. It doesn't help that my kids' day mommy is perfect. Yeah, that's you Sarah. So, I am now obsessed with finding patterns for play food made from felt. Most people want you to pay for the patterns. Did I mention that I am poor? Maybe it is cheap. Regardless, I am not paying for their patterns when I know I will lose interest after one or two felt strawberries.
My attempt to get out of the blue and into the yellow (that's my happy color!) has brought us to the Zoo with Julia and her mommy and to the Treehouse Museum with the Chelsies (there are too many of them to list...). Here are a few shots. It was hard to pick the best pics. Any decision is hard. Maybe I should get my hair cut. That always helps.
BTW--the Treehouse museum does plays throughout the winter season. Chris and Augi had a date on Saturday and saw Sleeping Beauty. Em and I fell asleep at 7:30. It is what we do best and it was wonderful!
TREEHOUSE MUSEUM
Em learning anatomy. Studying for med school starts early.
Little Red Riding Augi. I love the dress ups.
5 comments:
Boy, do I hear you. I think I must have S.A.D. too. I could definitely live in a place with no snow, no cold. I would be totally fine with that.
We were at the Treehouse last wednesday!
ok seriously? perfect? HAHAHAHAHA. jessi, you of all people know i am not perfect... or maybe it's that my situation is not perfect. oh, maybe i am perfect! this could be a good day after all!!! what good news! at least someone thinks good things about me... your kids are edible as always. let's figure out the felt food together. i'm sure i'm going to be needing some too. don't be sad... have onion rings!! (oh, that's me again! do we have to eat left overs for lunch?)
Awwww I feel bad that your in snow and im at the beach. I had huge winter blues the last 5 yrs in Montreal and Detroit. Have you tried an indoor pool? That made me feel better, like it was spring or summer. GL and hang in there. In good news, we are coming to visit end of Feb.
I will keep you posted!
-h
i love Augi's outfit on her "day mommy"'s blog! i'm quite fond of that mix-matched, Harajuku/Tokyo Street style, you know. ^___^
sorry to hear about your S.A.D. i have been thinking i have it too, although i think other stuff in my life has come into play. :p
did you get my facebook msg???
i'm feeling better.
the photos of the kids are so cute-i can't believe how big Emmett is and he's adorable!
Post a Comment