Thursday, September 10, 2009

So Much to Talk About

It has been a while. A lot has happened, I will try to catch up here.
First of all...big news flash...AUGI started preschool today!
She picked out her outfit about a week ago. Unfortunately, her new shoes gave her a blister. But otherwise, school was great. I was able to stay in the class until 10:30. She was shy and nervous until Anne arrived, one of her BFFs. Oh, and the other news flash...working mom guilt has set in, and I am the Room Mother! Woo-hoo. Could they pick a worse candidate? Me, organizing the rest of the parent volunteers? Ug. I am setting up a blog for the class. I have great plans. However, I am a type 4, so we'll see if I ever get anything in motion.
On the way to school this morning, Augi asked me if there will be any children with autism in her class. She soaks in everything she hears! I have to be careful with her!
The Baldwins helped to teach us a little geocaching over the holiday weekend using my GPS. I need to work out some kinks, but I am excited about the prospects!

I discovered the wonders of television as a babysitter...Em really hasn't seen much t.v. I found a Barney dvd in our collection and popped it in while I made dinner the other night. Barney is a great sitter! Notice Augi's wings. She wore them for two days straight and insisted that she will wear them every day for the rest of her life.
Playing in the park.



OK. This picture had me in tears tonight. I am tired, therefore easily amused. Augi organized a Fancy-Nancy night out last friday. The kids brought their dolls. I'm not sure what is going on with Tanner's doll on the far right.
And here are the kids...fancy shmancy.
Just a funny shot of the kids having a sleepover in Em's room. Can you figure out where I sleep when we do this? Yep. Right in that little crevice between them.
Aaaa. I had my Ikea fix recently. I love how sophisticated Em looks here.
My baby boy. He has been very very sick since the weekend. He stayed home for the last two days fighting some horrible tummy bug.
He was looking better tonight, so I am hopeful he will be better tomorrow. He fell asleep at 530, and Augi was passed out by 7:15. Chris and I are horribly sleep deprived from waking up with Em all night for the last two nights. It is time for me to do the dishes and hit the sack...G'night. P.S. For those of you interested, no word on the England job yet. We occasionally talk about what we will do if I get the offer. I am about to get my dream job (minus a pay raise!) with the district. It is going to be hard to leave if I get the offer. Either way, the future looks bright for us.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Love all the pixs, so much going on. How exciting for pre-school, Im not putting Thais in but she is an Oct baby so in some states she makes the cut off and others she doesnt, we move to much for me to deal with all the different rules, Im just waiting till she qualifies for all of them, lol! Congrats on the job front and hope lil man feels better soon!
-h

Munchy's Mama said...

I showed Munch the pic of Augi starting Preschool, his jaw dropped, "SHE GETS TO GO TO GRANDMA'S!?!?" That is awesome! And who are you kidding, you'll be the best Room Bosser...I mean Mother (o= Nah, seriously, you'll be fantastic!
Hope Eminem is feelin better.