Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October Rolls Along

October weather has been surprisingly pleasant here in England. Today is raining like crazy, but otherwise I can't complain.
Poor little Em seems to spend most of his napping time in the car.

A few weekends ago we went to the "Wood Fair" at the Ickworth House. They had a lot of crafts made of wood and some other random things...like a bee hive and basket weaver.

Em is looking quite cool here...
I went to my first tea house, Harriet's. They had a bunch of sweets at the counter and the cashier told me these little sugar mice are a traditional British sweet. He sold me... and the kids were pleased with their treats.
Although Halloween isn't as popular here as it is in the States, they still have opportunities for Pumpkin Picking, which made us feel right at home.



Later we went to a friend's house for carving. She lives in a cool barn-conversion. Barn conversions are quite common here. They take an old barn and convert it into one or more houses.
Em at the hospital, preparing for his surgery.

Just a little funny while we were out shopping in town.

Augi trying on some soap.

More pics at the pumpkin patch...
British donuts are the yummiest.

I FINALLY got a picture of The Street sign. There are several "The Streets" around. I giggle every time I see one.
October is rolling along. We are approaching our year anniversary like lightening!
I am looking forward to getting moved and settled in a larger house.
Augi has put her new religion on hold for a while, until Spring she tells me. Currently she and a few other girls have started another club called the "Hu Pirate Girls." It is a Katy Perry fan club. Good grief. What is the "Hu" and how does Augi know about Katy Perry? Whatever. I just try to roll with it. We have a busy November coming up, so I am just bracing myself for the storm. We have a good friend deploying, then a move, then a trip to the Azores, tickets to the ballet, and Thanksgiving. Oh yeah, and three birthdays.

4 comments:

jen said...

The bra pic is funny! I want to see some of these barn conversions. I think you should go on a photo expedition to take pics of barn conversions....you know, in your spare time. It sounds like you'll have oodles of spare time in November to complete that task (snort!).

sarah baldwin said...

sounds wonderful!!! thanks for the updates. we are thinking of you guys and planning our trip in the future. tanner wants to make a pitstop in new york... i'm working on manifesting that one ;)

Munchy's Mama said...

We pretty much live in a barn conversion...or maybe a house converted to a barn with people still living in it.

Heather said...

Good grief, be sure to breath!